New scholarships for the Konstanz Research School Chemical Biology
The research projects at KoRS-CB are carried out in the fields of synthetic chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, biomedicine and bioinformatics. They are associated with the new research field “ChemLife”, which addresses the interaction between biological and chemical knowledge. At the centre of the research efforts is the aim to understand how biological systems adapt themselves to changing conditions on the molecular network level. Based on this understanding, the goal is to create new hybrid systems with customised properties from biologically and chemically produced components. The currently tendered doctoral projects are therefore interested in either a) developing and utilising chemistry to understand the molecular mechanisms of biological processes, b) to model favourable and unfavourable effects of chemicals on biological networks, or c) to integrate biology and chemistry in order to create new systems with optimised functionalities.
For the purpose of providing comprehensive supervision of and support for the doctoral researchers, the Konstanz Research School offers interdisciplinary doctoral committees with three supervisors from the involved disciplines. An extensive course programme comprising scientific seminars and transferable skills will ensure that the research topic-related qualifications are further developed and enhanced. The doctoral researchers will also benefit from lecture series, retreats and poster sessions as well as from an exchange with internationally renowned collaboration partners. Currently, approximately 110 doctoral researchers and around 50 supervisors are active at KoRS-CB.
To qualify for admission, you should hold a master's degree (or equivalent) in biology, chemistry, life sciences, computer science, or related subjects. You should have finished your studies significantly above average, and have a proven interest in chemical biology.
1) REGISTER with our online application platform. Once you registered you will receive a confirmation email to install your personal account.
2) LOG IN to work on your application: please fill in your contact data and provide the following
- A maximum of three PhD projects chosen from the list of projects and ranked by your preference
- A motivation letter (max. 500 words)
- Contact details for two academic references (please note that we will contact them during the application process ourself)
- State where the call came first to your attention.
3) UPLOAD the following documents (in English or German):
- Curriculum vitae (only accepted in chronological order)
- Copy of your bachelor's and master's degree certificates (or equivalent) incl. transcripts of records
- Proven proficiency in English: at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is required.
4) SUBMIT your application until 15 July 2017 at the latest!
University of Konstanz
Communications and Marketing
Phone: +49 7531 88-3603
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.