University of Hamburg Doctoral Scholarships
Universität Hamburg doctoral students are invited to apply for scholarships with funding to begin on 1 October 2016. The scholarships will be awarded in accordance with the Hamburg Act for the Promotion of Young Researchers and Artists (Gesetz zur Förderung des wissenschaftlichen und künstlerischen Nachwuchses, HmbNFG).
Application period: 4–22 April 2016
Evaluations required for the application may be submitted until 29 April 2016
The scholarship amounts to €1,200 per month plus up to €1,000 per funding year for materials and travel expenses. It includes a monthly childcare allowance of €154.
You may apply for either a basic scholarship or a completion scholarship.
Requirements for basic scholarships providing support for up to two years:
• proof of above-average academic achievement in a degree entitling you to begin doctoral studies
• funding to begin no later than one year after completion of higher education degree program
Requirements for completion scholarships providing support for up to one year:
• previous employment in an academic position financed by public funds at an FHH (Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg) academic institution funding to begin when employment contract ends
• above-average dissertation is expected to be completed within a max. of one year
Please send applications via email as a single PDF file (max. 150 dpi and B&W scan) with the materials below in the following order to email@example.com:
o application form o income assessment (calculation sheet B)
o tabular CV including areas of concentration within your field or major
o final transcript or, if necessary, graded proof of completed coursework and examinations
o research proposal for your doctoral degree project with project plan and timetable
o evaluation from dissertation supervisor o evaluation from another faculty member
Applicants are responsible for the full and timely submission of their application. Late applications will not be accepted.
For more information, please contact: Judith Dömer
• Department 4 / Support for Young Researchers (Abteilung 4/Bereich Nachwuchsförderung) Mittelweg 177
• 20148 Hamburg
• Tel: +49 40 42838-4471 firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form and calculation sheet can be downloaded here: www.uni-hamburg.de/forschung/nachwuchs/promotion/stipendienwegweiser/promotionsstipendien.html
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: