Degree completion grants for international students enrolled at Universität Hamburg
Universität Hamburg supports its international students on their way to the successful completion of their degrees with degree completion grants.
Persons entitled to funding are students who:
- are enrolled at Universität Hamburg
- are not German citizens;
- are not eligible for BAföG (federal student loan scheme);
- are preparing for or are in the final examination phase of their studies;
- have no financial support during this phase (proof required).
International students studying fee-based degree programs are eligible for this grant in exceptional cases, but they will not have priority in the selection procedure.
Amount of funding / funding period
Degree completion grants are usually awarded for 6 months. The monthly amount of funding ranges between €200 and a maximum of €720. The individual funding amount is calculated according to the respective income.
If the final examination is not completed within the 6-month period, an extension may be requested. The maximum funding period is 12 months.
Students pursuing Diplom, Magister, or Staatsexamen degrees may apply for a 12-month grant with their first application.
The following groups are excluded from funding:
- international students who fulfill the requirements of Section 8 of the German federal training assistance act (Bundesgesetz über individuelle Förderung der Ausbildung, BAföG))
- doctoral researchers
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.