PHYSICS FOR ENGINEERS
Apply now (applications close 20 April 2021)
Note that this course has two, 4-week complementary blocks. You must participate in both blocks. It is not possible to select one.
Block 1 weeks 1-4
To explore the basic ideas of physics in the areas of "mechanics, waves and optics" as a foundation for more advanced study of physics and for application in other sciences. It covers the topics of motion, Newton laws, work, energy, linear and angular momentum, rotation, equilibrium, gravitation, damped and driven oscillators, mechanical and acoustic waves, geometric and wave optics.
Block 2 weeks 5-8
To explore the basic ideas of physics in the areas of waves & optics, electricity, electronics and magnetism (using vector formalism where appropriate), and quantum phenomena as a foundation for more advanced study of physics and for application in other sciences.
Arrival: Wednesday, 16 June
Orientation period: Thursday 17 and Friday 18 June
Classes start: Monday, 21 June
Free day, no classes (local holiday): Monday, 19 July
Classes end: Friday, 13 August
Credits: 30 credits
Tuition cost: £5,220.00
Accommodation cost: £1201.83
More details: Fees and what's included
Assessment: The final exam for each module accounts for 60% of the final grade with the other 40% being continuous assessment, including laboratory work. See below for further details.
- GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent)
- You should be currently enrolled at an international higher education institution
- Competence in basic calculus as well as algebra, geometry and trigonometry is essential. We can provide you with an indicative maths skill test which will help you determine if your skillset meets the prerequisites for the course. If you want to take the test please contact the International Summer School Coordinator for a copy.
If your first language is not English, you must meet our minimum proficiency level:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training) overall score of 6.0, with no sub test less than 5.5
- we also accept equivalent scores in other recognised qualifications such as ibTOEFL, CAE, CPE and more
- visit eligibility
This is a guide, for further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.