We are based in the University town of Dumfries, and are a School within the University of Glasgow’s College of Social Sciences. We have a dynamic community of research staff and students working across diverse areas of expertise including Education, Environment, Health, Humanities, Tourism, Culture and Technology.
We welcome applications from students who wish to undertake innovative research projects both within disciplinary boundaries and which transcend them though interdisciplinary engagement.
Find out more:
- the academic research interests of potential supervisors
- the postgraduate research projects of our research students.
The Dumfries Campus is home to two of the University of Glasgow’s research centres, the Crichton Institute and the Solway Centre for Environment and Culture.
We offer two primary research programmes, PhD and MPhil by Research. Both options are offered as full or part-time programmes.
All Postgraduate Research applicants should normally possess one or more of the following:
- First or Upper Second Class Honours Degree or equivalent qualification (2:1 in the case of UK Research Council supported students).
- In some cases a Masters qualification or equivalent is required
Applicants should submit:
- Transcripts/degree certificate
- Two references
- A one-page research proposal
- Name of potential Supervisor
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: