INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL
Our Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at an international university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university.
EDUCATION IN A GLOBALISED WORLD
Many economists believe there is a significant link between education and national economic success. In this course you will have the opportunity to compare the importance of education in a global context as you find out more about the historical, cultural and political influences of different educational systems, and what students need to know and be able to do in local contexts to be successful.
You will consider how different issues – such as technology, social, economic and cultural change – impact on educational systems. You will also gain a wider intercultural vision of education through observations, reflection, dialogue and the systematic comparison with the Scottish education system that you will experience first-hand.
Alongside experiential learning, the course will engage you in a range of important background topics in education, including:
- the purposes of education
- the relationship between education and society
- education systems and practices internationally
- inclusive pedagogy
- global citizenship
- literacy and numeracy across the curriculum.
Academic reference: A short reference (minimum 100 words) from the home university recommending the student for the course.
- GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent)
If your first language is not English, you must meet our minimum proficiency level:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training) overall score of 6.0, with no sub test less than 5.5
- we also accept equivalent scores in other recognised qualifications such as ibTOEFL, CAE, CPE and more
- visit eligibility
To attend the International Summer School you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a current student enrolled at an international higher education institution
- If your first language is not English, we require a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent)
- Most courses require a GPA of at least 3.0. Please refer to the individual courses for details.
Special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that you should also refer to individual course descriptions as some courses may ask for additional requirements.