Essex Analytics and Data Science Summer School
29 July 2019 – 9 August 2019
The Institute for Analytics and Data Science is presenting its fifth annual Summer School, bringing you two weeks of cutting-edge courses across the field of data science and analytics.
Our Summer School, held at our Colchester Campus, provides a unique opportunity to attend state-of-the-art courses delivered by world leading academics and industry partners from around the globe, attend keynotes from renowned experts, and network with your peers in an invaluable forum for knowledge exchange.
Whether you're interested in the curation and management of big data, advanced techniques and methods including artificial intelligence and statistical methods, or applications of big data in fields ranging from business and finance to bioinformatics, you'll find a set of relevant courses for you.
With one week and two week places available, you can enrol yourself onto our recommended set of programmes arranged around themes, or tailor your own programme by picking the courses that suit you best.
Whether you’re exploring data science, or have advanced practice, we have a range of introductory, intermediate, and advanced courses to suit your needs.
Some courses may have pre-requisites, or preparation may be required before attending. All this information is detailed in the course outline which you will be able to download from Spring 2019.
There are no specific eligibility requirements to book a place on the Summer School. We welcome attendees (students, researchers, academics and professionals) in the emerging fields of big data, data science and analytics who would like to find out more or be updated on the current trends and developments in this exciting and fast-developing field.
We accept applicants from all levels and experience from around the world and offer a range of introductory, intermediate and advanced courses to suit your needs.
Whilst we don't restrict access to courses, when selecting the courses that make up your programme please pay attention to our recommended prerequisites. These prerequisites are stipulated to ensure that all attendees make the best out of their time with us.
If you are unsure whether a certain published course is right for you, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the IADS team will be happy to advise you on whether a course is suitable for your requirements and skillsets.
What is included in the fees?
- Access to one or two weeks’ worth of courses, depending on your selection.
- A tailored programme and access to preparatory and bonus materials from our providers using a secure drive.
- Exclusive access to multiple keynote events provided over both weeks.
- Access to over five organised social activities designed to create long-lasting connections with fellow delegates and providers, including a local tour, games night, and our novel Summer School Speed Networking session.
- One ticket to the opening Evening Reception on Monday 29 July 2019.
- One ticket to a field-trip excursion to a popular British tourist destination on Saturday 3 August 2019.
- One ticket to the IADS Formal Dinner on Wednesday 7 August 2019.
- Complimentary car parking permit for the duration of your stay.
- Support from the IADS team before your arrival and throughout your stay.
- A delegate pack full of resources, information, and memorabilia from your time with us.
- Hardcopy certification upon completing your course, endorsed by the University of Essex and the Institute for Analytics and Data Science.
Please note the fee doesn't include accommodation. You will be able to optionally book this with us at a discounted rate.