Aims of the course:
- This course will begin with an introduction to life writing: what it is, its tradition and how it has changed in recent years
- Participants will assess what they know already about their proposed biographical subject or the period they want to write about, and what they need to know
- Each week will focus on a different aspect of life writing: bringing people to life, writing about a place, telling the story and polishing and revising work
- The participant will learn how research can enhance writing and influence the way in which a story is told.
- This course will encourage participants to establish a writing regime.
This course is open to everyone, and you don’t need any previous knowledge or experience of the subject to attend.
Our online courses are designed especially for adult learners who want to advance their personal or professional development. They are taught by tutors who are expert in both their subjects and in teaching students of all ages and experiences.
Given the nature of creative writing, it is important that students' use of English is sufficiently fluent to be able to understand in English nuances of meaning and have a familiarity with the structure and grammar of English. Please note that all teaching is in English. You should have near-native command of the English language in order to get the maximum benefit from the course.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.