Cook - Crone Research Bye- Fellowship
Gonville & Caius College invites applications for research in one of the following fields:
- Biblical studies, including rabbinics and patristics
- The comparative study of religion
- Ancient Eastern languages and literature
- The history and social anthropology of Asia, especially Near and Middle Eastern societies in the pre-modern period
The Bye-Fellowship is a limited-term appointment for the purpose of carrying out some specific research project, free of other commitments. This one-year position is open to established researchers, including those on leave or on secondment from university posts. The successful candidate will normally have produced significant published work. Research students who have not been approved for a PhD at the date of application are not eligible. The Bye-Fellowship is tenable from 1 October 2019 (or such other date as may be agreed with the successful candidate).
The post cannot be held in conjunction with any other appointment or award, but a limited amount of paid College teaching, and occasional lecturing and examining are normally allowed.
The Bye-Fellowship comes with funds of £20,000. Up to ten free meals per week in College will also be provided. The College offers free or subsidised accommodation (some of it suitable for double occupancy). The Bye-Fellow is expected to reside in Cambridge, but research trips may be permitted. The funds may be used to supplement an existing salary, pay pension contributions, or as a research grant.
To apply please send to the Master’s Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive not later than 27 March 2019:
- A curriculum vitae
- The contact details of two academic referees
- A covering letter indicating:
- Education, qualifications and a list of publications
- Appointment and awards held
- Stipend or other financial assistance receivable after 1 October 2019
- Any appointments or awards applied for and not yet decided
- Subject of proposed research and outline of programme
- Any plans for travel or publications, with estimated cost
- Any other evidence that the candidate may wish to submit
Further Particulars can be obtained from the College website or via the hyperlink.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: