University of Auckland International Business Masters Scholarships
The Scholarships were established in 2013 and are funded by the University of Auckland Business School.
The main purpose of the Scholarships is to support international students to gain the skills and knowledge required to launch a business career by completing a Master of Management, Master of International Business, Master of Marketing, or Master of Professional Accounting degree at the University of Auckland Business School.
A key objective is to enhance the diversity of the class profile.
- The basis of selection will be academic merit and a written statement. Preference may be given to students not receiving other financial assistance.
- Academic merit is assessed by the GPA or GPE obtained over the applicant's most recent two years of full-time graded study (or equivalent).
- The written statement should be no more than 500 words and must highlight the applicant's potential to succeed in business studies at the University of Auckland and include details about their career goals, motivations and also demonstrate how they can be an ambassador for the University of Auckland Business School.
- NOTE: Candidates must always refer to the regulations for comprehensive details about selection.
How do students apply?
Please note, Scholarships open for application approximately 6 weeks before the closing date.
Application by form is made to the Scholarships Office.
NOTE: Application can be accessed from the University of Auckland scholarships website http://www.auckland.ac.nz/scholarships.
The Scholarships will be awarded by the University of Auckland Council upon the recommendation of a Selection Committee comprising the Dean of the Faculty of Business and Economics (or nominee), the Director of the Graduate School of Management (or nominee), and the Director of Masters Programmes of the Graduate School of Management (or nominee).
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Approximately six weeks after the closing date by letter or email.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
To continue to hold the Scholarship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 5.00 (equivalent to a B average) in each quarter of study.
In accepting the Scholarship, the recipient authorises the use of their personal University of Auckland details and photo in promotional materials for the Business School's programmes. In addition, it is anticipated that the recipient will participate as an ambassador at events which support and promote the Scholarships and studies in the University of Auckland Business School.
NOTE: Regulations are occasionally updated. Candidates must always refer to the regulations for current and comprehensive information relating to conditions of the scholarship(s)/award(s).
- In cases where there are adverse personal circumstances beyond a recipient's control, the uptake of a scholarship may be deferred for up to one intake, and is subject to the approval of the Director of Masters Programme of the Graduate School of Management. Deferral requests must be made in writing to the Scholarships Office.
- NOTE: Regulations are occasionally updated. Candidates must always refer to the regulations for current and comprehensive information relating to the scholarship(s)/award(s).
Who else has information about this award?
Scholarships Office, the University of Auckland.
The Scholarship Office
The University of Auckland
Phone: +64 9 373 7599
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: