The Aikaterini Laskaridis Foundation invites applications for one (1) PhD fellowship in the field of Modern Greek studies. The selected applicant will pursue his/her doctoral research in English in the Faculty of Humanities, under the supervision of the Marilena Laskaridis Chair of Modern Greek Studies at the University of Amsterdam. The fellowship is for a period of 3 years(starting date: September 2021 - December 2021). The fellowship is granted on a competitive basis and by application.
The Aikaterini Laskaridis Foundation is a public benefit cultural institution established in Spring 2007 by Panagiotis Laskaridis and Marilena Laskaridis. Purpose of the Foundation is the promotion – in Greece and abroad – of Greek culture and especially Greek letters and historical and nautical research. As an active and vibrant cultural, educational organization, the Foundation organizes and executes a large number of educational and cultural programs each year, as well as events, lectures and conferences in many areas of literature and culture in general, with the participation of distinguished members of the Academic and University community from Greece and abroad. Since January 2018, the Foundation is the main sponsor of the Marilena Laskaridis Chair in Modern Greek Studies at the University of Amsterdam.
Who can apply?
To be considered eligible for this fellowship, the following criteria apply:
• A Master’s (or equivalent) degree with distinction in a field relevant to the proposed PhD project. The Master’s degree should be granted with a GPA of at least 8/10 (for Greek and Dutch universities) or the equivalent thereof for other universities. Candidates may apply if they have not yet completed their Master's degree only if they provide a signed letter from their MA thesis supervisor or their university’s administration stating that they will graduate before 1 September 2021.
• Excellent command of English.
• Excellent research skills.
• Full application documents submitted by the provided deadline (April 15, 2021), including a research proposal within one of the fields or themes listed below (“about the fellowship”)
• Applicants cannot already be enrolled or employed as Ph.D. candidates at the University of Amsterdam or elsewhere.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.