PhD position at the Institute for Logic, Language and Computation
Faculty of Humanities – Institute for Logic, Language and Computation
The Faculty of Humanities invites applications for a PhD position at the Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC), tenable from 1 September 2021.
What are you going to do?
Tasks will include:
- completion and defence of a PhD thesis within the contract period;
- regular presentation of intermediate research results at workshops and conferences;
- publication of results in journals and/or conference proceedings;
- participation in the Faculty of Humanities PhD training programme / the soft skills courses offered by the ILLC PhD Programme;;
- participation in the organisation of research activities and events at ILLC, such as conferences, workshops and joint publications;
- teaching courses at BA-level and/or teaching assistant in Master courses in the 2nd and 3rd year of the contract (0,2 FTE per year).
What do we ask of you?
- A completed Master’s degree in a field relevant to the proposed PhD project and the research areas of ILLC. You may apply if you have not yet completed your Master's degree only if you provide a signed letter from your supervisor stating that you will graduate before 1 September 2021;
- excellent command of English;
- excellent research skills;
- good social and organizational skills.
NB. If you already hold a Dutch doctorate (or foreign equivalent, such as a PhD) or are working towards obtaining a similar degree elsewhere, you will not be admitted to a doctoral programme at the UvA.
The PhD candidate at the Faculty of Humanities will be employed within ILLC. The employment contract will be for 4 years for 38 hours per week (1 FTE, which is including 0,2 teaching in the second and third years of the employment contract) under the terms of employment currently valid for the Faculty. Initially, a contract will be given for 16 months, with an extension for the following 32 months on the basis of a positive evaluation after 12 months. The starting date of the contract is 1 September 2021.
The salary for the position (based on a full-time contract) will be €2,395 during the first year (gross per month) and will reach €3,061 during the fourth year, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities.
The PhD candidate receives a tuition fee waiver and has free access to courses offered by the Graduate School of the Faculty of Humanities and the Dutch National Research Schools.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: