Ashok Khurana Scholarship for Outstanding Indian Students
This scholarship has been established by Professor Ashok Khurana to support the post-graduate education of outstanding Indian students who are undertaking full time post-graduate studies at the University.
The scholarship consists of $25,000 for one year, payable towards the recipient's airfares, living expenses and tuition fees. The successful applicant will also receive a 50% discount on the tuition fees for one year of their program.
The Scholarship will be open to candidates who will be undertaking a postgraduate coursework program of study, on a full time basis at the University in the areas of:
- Agriculture (including Food Security and Wine);
- Health Services (including Biotechnology);
- Clean Technology;
- Environment (including Urban Planning and Architecture);
- Resources; and any other programs as agreed by the Donor and the University
Selection of the successful applicant will be made according to:
- academic merit; and
- a personal statement which demonstrates outstanding leadership qualities and an intention to significantly enhance India's development in their field of study upon completion of their studies.
1. The scholarship is only available for international students with Indian citizenship who are commencing a postgraduate coursework program. Students who have already commenced their studies at the University of Adelaide are ineligible to apply.
2. The scholarship will be awarded on academic merit, and supporting information. Only complete applications will be considered, and only applicants who have met the University’s minimum English language requirement at the scholarship application deadline will be eligible for consideration.
3. Applicants must have an unconditional offer at the University of Adelaide prior to applying for this scholarship. One scholarship will be awarded to an applicant each year.
4. The University reserves the right to vary the award, or not to offer a scholarship if the candidates have not achieved the level of academic achievement to merit the awards.
5. Candidates who have applied for, or will apply for Australian permanent resident status are ineligible to apply.
1. The Scholarship must be taken up in the year in which it is offered; acceptance of the Scholarship offer cannot be deferred. If a student declines the scholarship offer, the scholarship will be offered to the next eligible student.
2. The Scholarship is intended to support the post-graduate education of an Indian national. Each Scholarship recipient will have outstanding leadership qualities and a demonstrated ability to significantly enhance India.
3. The Scholarship will only be open to candidates who are undertaking a postgraduate coursework program of study, on a full time basis at the University in the areas of Education, Agriculture (including food security and wine), Health Services (including Biotechnology), Clean Technology, Environment (including Urban Planning and Architecture), Aerospace, and Resources, and any other programs as agreed by the Donor and the University ("the Program").
4. The successful recipient of the scholarship must be able to demonstrate outstanding potential for leadership and demonstrate particular academic merit.
5. This scholarship will support the successful applicant to undertake a postgraduate coursework program of study on a full time basis at the University of Adelaide. The scholarship is valued at $25,000 for one year, payable towards the recipient's airfares, living expenses and tuition fees. The successful applicant may also receive an additional 50% discount on the tuition fees for one year.
6. Applicants must be able to demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and a demonstrated ability to significantly enhance India.
7. Selection of the successful applicant will be made according to academic merit, along with demonstrated leadership and a demonstrated ability to significantly enhance India.
8. The recipient will be required to report on their experiences to representatives of the appropriate bodies both in Australia and India.
9. Scholarship holders are required to enrol in the University of Adelaide as "international students" and must maintain "international student" status for the duration of the scholarship. The scholarship will be terminated if a student changes residency status.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below and fill the application form.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: