Are you looking to enrich your studies with a semester abroad in Denmark? The deadline for applying is 1 May 2016.
It is now possible for highly qualified students, who are not from EU/EAA countries or Switzerland, to apply for a scholarship. This will cover tuition and contribute to living expenses while studying at UCL. The scholarship covers the tuition fee for one semester (4 months), and additionally you will receive approximately 6000 DKK each month to contribute to your living expenses.
Depending on your nationality, you will have to pay Danish tax. We will inform you of this if you are selected for a scholarship.
You can only apply for the scholarship to study at the Department of Social Education, the Department of Teacher Education or the Department of Nursing. All three departments are located in Odense.
What we can offer
For the autumn 2016 you can only apply for a scholarship for studies at our Departments of Nursing.
At the Department of Nursing, you combine the English module: Nursing, Ethics and Research-Based Knowledge (15 ECTS) with a clinical placement (15 ECTS) at a Danish health-care facility for a total duration of 4 months. Clinical placement at a department appropriate for your studies will provide you with insights to the Danish health-care system.
Can you apply?
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship you must be:
- applying to participate in one of the above-mentioned courses
- a citizen of a country outside the EU, the European Economic Area or Switzerland
- enrolled in a full degree higher education programme in your home country related to either nursing, social education or teacher education.
You are not eligible to apply for a scholarship if you:
- are studying in Denmark on the grounds of a bilateral exchange agreement
- have a legal claim to the rights of Danish citizenship
- have been granted a residence permit at the time of the application admission by the Danish Aliens Consolidations Act §9c, subsection 1, as the child of a foreign citizen who has been granted a residence permit in accordance with the Danish Aliens Consolidations Act §9a, and who is a citizen of a country that is not acceded to the EU or covered by the EEA agreement
- are a student who is eligible for a grant in accordance with Danish Law regarding the State Education Fund
- are from an EU applicant country such as Turkey
To ensure that only highly qualified students are granted the scholarship, UCL requires you to prepare and submit all of the following:
- Application form
- Motivational letter (max. 1 page)
- Official transcripts (including explanation of grading scale)
- Documentation of English proficiency (read more below)
- High school transcripts documenting level of English, grade achieved, and if possible number of hours taken.
- Documentation of any English language proficiency tests you may have taken (TOELF, IELTS, CAE etc.)
- Any further documentation of your English proficiency such as courses, longer stays in English speaking countries etc.
Once we have evaluated your documentation of English proficiency, we may call you for a phone interview to ensure that your level is sufficient to study at University College Lillebælt.
You are exempt from documenting your English skills if you are currently pursuing a degree in one of the following countries: USA, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand.
The deadline for applying for the autumn semester is 1 May 2016 and you will apply for the scholarship at the same time you apply for studies via the on-line MoveON application. Any applications recieved after this deadline will be declined.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship, requirements and procedures or the study programmes, please feel free to contact us anytime at the above-mentioned email address.
If any of the above enclosures (files) are missing, your application will NOT be taken into consideration for the scholarship. Nor if you apply after 1 May 2016.
All enclosures (files) must be pdf files in order to be considered for the scholarship.
If you are interested in learning more, you are welcome to visit the National Student Guide, where you may download the pdf file on tuition fees and scholarships.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: