2018-2019 Global UGRAD Exchange Program
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) is a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State. The Global UGRAD program provides opportunities for undergraduate students for one to two semester of full-time non-degree study in the United States. Students must have at least one term remaining at their home institutions upon completion of the program. Participants are selected through an open, merit-based competition.
All participants will:
- Attend classes full-time during their academic program;
- Perform a minimum of 20 hours of community service in their host city; and
- Complete a professional development component during their program
Students in their 1st-year at the time of application will live with host families or in dormitories and will be enrolled in two-year community colleges. All other students will live in dormitories at four-year colleges and universities.
The fellowship is fully funded and provides:
- J-1 Visa Support;
- Round-trip travel from participant’s home city to host institution in the United States;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- Tuition and mandatory university fees;
- Room and board (housing and meals);
- Small incidentals allowance;
- Limited allowance for books; and
- A wide variety of alumni networking and training opportunities.
See application for eligibility requirements and selection criteria.
All fields of study are considered.
Application deadline: Sunday, December 31, 2017
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: