Designed to improve France’s success rate in European Research Council (ERC) calls, Tremplin-ERC (T-ERC) is a new funding instrument set up by ANR for Work Programme 2017.
T-ERC is open to all ERC research disciplines (LS, PE, SH).
The T-ERC instrument aims to:
- encourage scientific excellence by supporting high quality applications;
- strengthen French participation and increasing France’s rate of success in upcoming ERC calls;
- help research organisations to host high-level applicants deemed “excellent” at the European level by enabling them to carry out their projects in the best possible conditions;
- allow the eligible candidates to start their scientific project before the announcement of the results and help them for a new ERC submission.
Tremplin-ERC is intended for researchers affiliated to a French academic research organization who did not receive funding from the ERC Consolidator Grants despite having submitted top-quality projects (ranked A or B, after second evaluation step).
The goal is to give researchers a leg up when it comes to submitting a new application, thereby giving them firm foothold from which to succeed. Projects are funded up to 250 k€ over 24 months. Funding Grants will cover personnel as well as operating expenses.
The T-ERC selected candidates will benefit from a dedicated assistance, ensuring them the best chances of success for the next ERC Consolidator grant calls.
T-ERC proposals will be selected by only one multidisciplinary panel.
Swift decision-making and funding
ANR has made special arrangements to speed up decision-making and funding. The submission application in particularly has been streamlined, making use of application documents previously transmitted to the ERC.
* Applicants who submited ERC proposals and who have not been financed (ranked A or B for the second stage), will be invited to submit a proposal to the ANR via an ERC email.
Enhancing French scientific excellence and appeal
The funding instrument T-ERC is part of France’s national strategy for strengthening French research and technological innovation aimed at increasing France’s influence and international scientific attractiveness.
Submission site opening date: January 10th 2017
The deadline for electronic submission of proposals: February 7th 2017 at 1 p.m.
Administrative submission document including the laboratory or institute director commitment as well as scanned and signed documents must be uploaded to the submission site by: February 7th 2017.
Dr. Angèla SAMAAN
International Scientific program manager
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: