Our travel scholarships are designed to give young people the opportunity to travel in other European countries. Their intention is to allow journeys commited to studying a specific cultural or political aspect of European integration on the ground. You can apply for three different kinds of travel scholarships.
The application period is currently open. Please submit your application until 1st March 2016!
3. Deadlines for applications are March 1st or September 1st (date of the postmark). The Foundation notifies applicants of the result of the selection two weeks after the respective deadlines.
4. The German applicants freely choose the country they wish to travel to. The non-german applicants can travel in Germany only. The trip needs to have a specifically defined research topic regarding a current cultural or political development in the context of European integration. It needs to be explained and elaborated in the application. The applicant should also state what methods are envisaged to address the topic (e.g. interviews, etc). A later substantial change of the topic would need to be approved by the Foundation.
5. The trip has to be planned and carried out solely by the recipient and needs to last a minimum of three and a maximum of six weeks.
6. Not later than three months after the journey the stipendiary is requested to submit a detailed report of at least 10 DIN A4 pages. The report needs to include an explanation of how the research topic was addressed, the concrete findings and a reflection on the experiences and impressions from the trip. The stipendiary agrees with the publication of the report by the Foundation. Invoices providing residence in the travel country will have to be enclosed to the report.
7. Applications and reports must be submitted in German or English.
8. Applications can be submitted by post or via email. With the application the Schwarzkopf Foundation expects:
- a tabular curriculum vitae,
- a definition of the research topic and justification of the choice of the country,
- details on the envisaged methods to address the research topic as well as the planned travel route,
- a completed and signed application form,
- a signed form “terms and conditions”.