From writing a winning proposal to managing relationships with clients and the foundations of project management, learn how to deliver high quality advice in line with industry standards. Held in Yerevan on 18-20 November 2015 (3 full days), plus a follow up activity this program gives a complete overview of managing a consulting business.
Know how to deliver advice in line with industry standards
This course will help you:
- Define the value chain of a consultancy firm and understand the relationship of value chain players
- Identify the goals of the consulting company; legal forms and partnership; organizational structures;project teams; economics of the consulting firm
- Learn and apply business models and best practice strategies specifically relevant to consulting companies
- Understand the importance of the leadership function for the consulting firm; identifying mechanisms of leadership to control the firm’s staff; leadership and motivation; leadership and culture.
- Understand the Human Resource Management (HRM) of a consulting firm: recruitment process; career structures; career development; performance appraisal; evaluation and promotion process; alumni: life after the firm.
- Learn how to apply international best practices in managing consulting business.
The course is interactive and discussion based, with a focus on practical tools. The trainers are experienced practitioners, who know what it takes to manage a successful consulting business.
Opening up opportunities. We know how.
The training will be delivered by Marina Poghosyan and Samvel Gevorgyan from IMC Armenia, who have been selected by the EBRD because they are experienced practitioners and competent trainers receiving positive feedback from previous course participants.
The training course fee is AMD 55,000. The price includes training hand-out materials, refreshments and a follow-up workshop session provided in December 2015. The course materials will be in English language, the working language is Armenian.
To participate please send your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by COB 17 November 2015. For additional inquiries please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +374 93 406842.
You can find training agenda in attached file.
At the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), we don’t just provide finance. We also provide business advice to small and medium-sized businesses in 25 countries, working with more than 6,000 consultants and over 1,500 international experts.
We believe that businesses need professional know-how to grow and stay competitive. But we also know how important it is for consultants to keep broadening their expertise so they can offer truly best-in-class solutions to their clients. The Grow Your Consulting Business Training Series is a set of training courses that shares essentialskills, resources and techniques for effective and impactful consulting, aswell as for running a successful consulting business. So, whether you’re an expert looking to use your knowledge as a professional consultant, a young consultant seeking to build up your skills, a senior member of a consultingfirm eager to learn about new specialisations or the owner of a consulting business seeking to enhance your business model, get the training you need to step up your game.
There are six courses:
- Management consulting essentials
- Starting a consulting business
- Managing a consulting business
- Marketing and selling consulting services
- Business diagnostics for consulting
- Project management for consulting
Know your trainers
Marina Poghosyan and Samvel Gevorgyan are the founders of the Institute of Management Consulting Armenia (IMC Armenia). The Institute is working towards setting the standards for Business/Management Consultingpractice, promoting International best practices and sharing knowledge in Armenia. Marina and Samvel have been selected by EBRD to deliver the courses in Armenia. They have successfully carried out training courses on Core Consultancy Skills in Armenia since 2012, helping 38 local management consultants to receive the Certificate in Management Consulting Essentials (CMCE) qualification from the UK Institute of Consulting and four management consultants to become members of the UK Institute of Consulting.