As a student of the American University of Armenia, you have probably put lots of efforts in passing the final exams. Now, when the finals are over, it is time to relax and enjoy your summer holidays at most and, why not, to gain some useful knowledge and experience for your sake. In order to enjoy your spare time at most, we have collected top of extremely useful opportunities for you that are worth trying. Summer schools can help you to gain networking and professional skills, as well as have an unforgettable time of making new friends and creating memories. Here are some.
1. A summer school about the “Intro to Applied Game Development” would be especially interesting for the students from the department of the computer science. The summer school is going to be held in Italy, from the 26-30 of June. The goal of the class is for you to learn some applications for games including: social and behavioral change, games for health, and games for education. We will brainstorm game ideas, form teams around promising ideas, build paper prototypes of the game, test and then create a playable prototype.
Fore more information: https://armacad.info/summer-school-intro-to-applied-game-development-26-30-june-2017-italy
2. Another international summer school for the students is “Youth International Summer School” which is an opportunity for the ones who are fluent in English to increase knowledge and skills on cultural policy and cultural management and to emphasize the importance of cultivating creative capital in acting as a bridge between education and the community. The summer school is going to be held in Croatia, from the 3-16 of July. The Unicult2020 program aims to provide professional training from various angles of cultural practice. The structure is a collaborative and applied learning environment, providing an open, flexible, theoretically grounded platform, combined with practical fieldwork experience.
Fore more information: https://armacad.info/summer-school-the-international-arts-cultural-management-and-cultural-policy-3-16-july-2017-rijeka-croatia
3. Another outstanding opportunity is a fully funded summer school “Big Data and Applications” in Greece, from 10-14 of July. The summer school for advanced Undergraduate students aims of the summer school is not only the Technology, but also the earth shaking consequences that will inevitably affect our lives and will influence the way we produce, consume, be informed, act and maybe even think in the future. For the event were gathered the Onassis lectures experts from around the world, including lecturers Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Sloan school of management, University of Athens and so on.
Fore more information: https://armacad.info/fully-funded-big-data-and-applications-summer-school-10-14-july-2017-greece
4. Another great opportunity for senior undergraduates and graduates of Business Administration. “BRICS Global Business & Innovations Summer School” offers Two weeks of intensive business courses and real life cases a chance to meet new friends all over the world, various activities like field visits to companies, sightseeing and cultural events aimed on networking and team building lectures also a certificate of attendance and 4 ECTS credits. The event will take place in Russia, from 7 to 20 of August.
For more information: https://armacad.info/brics-global-business-innovation..
5. The next international summer school is “Discover the Rich History and Culture of Britain” of the University of Southampton is ranked in the top 1% of global universities. The summer school is going to be held in the UK, from 17 of July – 11 of August. This International Summer School is a credit-bearing program, which may be able to count towards your studies at your home university. If you successfully complete the assessment, 10 ECTS credits are available.
Fore more information: https://armacad.info/summer-school-discover-the-rich-history-and-culture-of-britain-17-july-11-august-2017-uk
6. Another summer school is “EPIC International summer school”. As a summer school EPIC combines all the different types of this kind of projects at one place. EPIC gives the opportunity to the students to choose lectures they want to attend and what activity they want to participate. Students all over the world can increase their knowledge and skills, as they decide what they want to study that improves their skills. Moreover, they will interact with students and specialists from different backgrounds, meet different kinds of people, also have a fun, playing some games, learn new things and work with others as a team. This event will take place in Armenia from 1 to 21 of August.
For more information: https://epicstudy.org/?page=index
7. The summer course of “Creative Writing-The Mysterious Art of the Short Story” will become an interesting opportunity for students who want to enhance their writing skills by developing innovative, original and imaginative way of thinking. This course will help you get started as a writer, or develop as a writer, by enabling you to improve existing skills and cultivate your imagination. I will guide you through the process of writing, from brainstorming to writing revising. The event will take place in Estonia, Tallinn from 23 to 28 of July. Deadline of application in 10 of June.
For more information: https://armacad.info/creative-writing-in-english-the-mysterious-art-of-the-short-story
Don’t miss your chance. Hurry up and have fun and informative summer holidays. For more summer schools and courses press the button Subscribe To Academic Opportunities bellow.