THINKTECH is a €1 million project to support and grow ideas for a better Ireland. Created by Social Innovation Fund Ireland with support from Google.org and Government, the THINKTECH challenge identifies innovative ideas that use technology to create positive social impact in Ireland. THINKTECH is seeking proposals that impact lives and touch hearts.
THINKTECH aims to support the most innovative, technology-driven solutions to Ireland’s critical social issues to grow and scale, within Ireland or even beyond. Social Innovation Fund Ireland, and Google.org, believe that technology has the power to transform our lives for the better.
Social impact criterias
- The project must address a critical social issue in Ireland.
- The solution proposed must be innovative in an Irish context.
- The solution must have potential and a desire to scale or replicate in Ireland (it may also have potential internationally, but this is not a requirement).
- The solution must provide evidence that it is up and running,and have been tested at least in a minimal way.
- Could the project create jobs? (Preferable not critical).
- That it is based on the island of Ireland and will make its main impact in the Republic of Ireland.
- The project must use technology as a core part of the solution it offers.
- The effect of the technology on the critical social issue it tackles is or has the potential to be transformative.
- Must have access to relevant technology expertise as part of the team (consultant, core team member, or other).
- It must be possible to demonstrate a proof-of-concept of the technical solution without the need for significant technical development.
You can find application form by clicking the original link.
What is expected of candidates?
THINKTECH candidates are expected to provide full and truthful information during the selection process and if awarded, during the THINKTECH programme.
Candidates are expected to be available for interviews on the 20th, 21st, 22nd September and for a Workshop on either the 29th or 30th September.
What is expected of THINKTECH awardees?
THINKTECH is a programme not a grant.
THINKTECH awardees will commit one day per week to the THINKTECH progamme for five months from January to May 2017, and are expected to work on their project during the rest of the week.
THINKTECH Awardees can expect to spend 2 days per month in Dublin as part of the programme.
For more information click "Further official information" below.