The UCLA Anderson School of Management Summer Institute in Managing Enterprise in Media, Entertainment, and Sports Summer Institute offers undergraduate students and young professionals a one-of-a-kind multi-disciplinary approach to dive into the world of innovating, marketing and managing within the multi-billion dollar business of arts, entertainment, media and sports.
While undertaking a high-profile, team-based “internship” type project for a major entertainment enterprise, the Institute will provide students with an overview of the legal, management, marketing and financial aspects of managing a global entertainment and media enterprise. Field experience days allow students to further develop and influence their experience, as they will visit companies, speak to executives and learn, first-hand, about these businesses.
All students enroll in “The Business of Entertainment, Media & Sports: Leading Change in Challenging Times”. Students also select one of four tracks for their concentration:
- Sports Marketing and Management
- Film and Television Marketing
- Entertainment Marketing
- Startup Garage
This six-week intensive Summer Institute offers:
- High-profile, team-based projects for major entertainment enterprises that add real-world context to case learning, and that provide students with high-impact and high-profile professional experience to serve as a foundation for a career in the industry.
- Institute Speaker Series, offering students expert and inside knowledge from industry thought leaders and top business professors with expertise in media and entertainment. Past speakers have included Arnie Semsky, Barry Axelrod, Gregg Colvin (VP Business Development, Fox Interactive), Joe Kessler (CEO, The Intelligence Group), Ted Yeschin (Wasserman Media Group), Daniel Smith (SVP Digital Marketing, Playboy), Jeffrey Winter (The Film Collaborative).
- Personalized career management to help students define their career objectives, identify resources, strategize opportunities and make critical networking connections.
- Industry networking activities that allows for exclusive access to industry leaders and professionals in media and entertainment.
- For-credit curriculum utilizing the famed Harvard Business School case study method of learning, customized to action-oriented decision making in media and entertainment.
This program is open to undergraduate students and to those holding an undergraduate degree. This program is first-come, first-served.
Registration is conveniently done online here. In order to guarantee a spot in the program, a valid payment of the non-refundable deposit ($400 for international students; $150 for all others) is required if registering prior to the May 1 payment deadline. After the payment deadline, a full payment of all fees including the non-refundable deposit but excluding any applicable document and IEI fees is required for registration. Registration is not complete until the required payment is made. Those who are not prepared to pay can submit their registration form and retrieve registration at another time to make payment.
Already submitted the registration form but need to make a change or complete registration? You can easily do so by retrieving your registration. You will need your five-digit registration number that was sent to your email address.
Changes that can be updated or made using the retrieve form include:
- Paying non-refundable deposit
- Uploading required documents
- Dropping a current program
If you would like to switch into a different program or add additional programs, please contact our office at email@example.com with your five-digit registration number, the students first and last name, and a description of the change you are requesting.
FEBRUARY 8: Registration opens HERE
MARCH 2: FAFSA deadline for current UCLA students
APRIL 1: Housing Application available (Film Production II not eligible for UCLA Housing)
APRIL 1: Financial Aid Application available for current UCLA students
APRIL 30: Financial Aid Application due for priority consideration, current UCLA students only
MAY 1: Payment deadline
MAY 1: Summer parking permits available through Transportation
JUNE 1: Refund deadline
JUNE 20: Program starts
JULY 4: No classes - Independence Day
JULY 29: Program ends
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: