About the Program
The Stanford Clinical Summer Internship (CSI) is a 2-week program for rising high school juniors, seniors, and undergraduate pre-med students designed to empower and energize them with the knowledge to plan for a career in medicine. The rich and unique curriculum includes interactive lectures and videos on topics in cardiology, neurology, and critical care providing the students a glimpse of various specialties. Students then apply their learning to diagnose and treat standardized patients at Stanford’s simulation center. They participate in many hands on activities such as dissections in the anatomy lab, suturing, bedside ultrasounds and splinting. Students have the opportunity to visit Stanford’s emergency life flight station and free clinics. The program is taught by the top notch Stanford faculty. Sessions with current medical students and residents provide an inside knowledge of admission into medical school and the rigors and fulfillment of a life in medicine.
Students will also receive
- Certificate of completion (issued on last day of instruction)
- White coats
- Daily lunches
Medicine is a very rewarding profession. It requires dedication, excellence and a passion for patient-care, which will be expected from all students. Applicants are strongly recommended to complete a high school biology course prior to enrolling.
The program is open to rising high school juniors, seniors, and undergraduate premedical students.
Minimum age requirement is 15 years by the start of the program.
How to Apply
- Please complete the online application
- Upload copies of transcripts (last 2 years) from attending high school or college
- Upload official results of PSAT, ACT or SAT when available (see FAQs for more details)
- Complete two short essays (maximum 500 words each)
- One letter of recommendation from your teacher or guidance counselor (preferably from a science teacher). Please direct your teacher to the teacher recommendation form. The letter must reach the CSI Admissions Committee as soon as possible. Your file will not be considered complete until the letter is received.
- Submit application fee of $75 via check.
To APPLY ONLINE click "Further official information" below and fill the application form.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: