Extending Database Technology
The International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT) is a leading international forum for database researchers, practitioners, developers, and users to discuss cutting-edge ideas, and to exchange techniques, tools, and experiences related to data management.
EDBT 2016 invites submissions of descriptions of industrial and application achievements. We encourage submissions relating to all aspects of data management defined broadly, and particularly encourage work on innovative data processing and analytics systems and architectures, and novel applications of database technology that apply recent research advances to real-world and emerging problems.
Topics of interest
We welcome papers on topics including, but not limited to, the following:
- Application Areas (Education, Government, Telecommunications, Smart Phones, Retail, etc)
- Big Data
- Cloud Data Services
- Data Streams and Publish-Subscribe Systems
- Data Visualization
- Databases of all kinds (row-stores, column stores, hybrid) and for all data types (graph, multimedia, XML, scientific, spatial, etc)
- Data Warehousing, OLAP, and ETL Tools
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Information Retrieval and Text Analytics
- Enterprise Data Management
- Personal Information Systems
- Privacy and Security in Trustworthy Databases
- Real-time Analytics
- Semantic Web and Knowledge Bases
- Sensor Data Management
- Social Media Applications
- Systems that Exploit New Hardware Trends
- Web Information and Services
Types of Paper
The following two types of paper are considered:
- Industrial Papers:
papers that describe technical advances that address industrially relevant problems, and that have been carried out in a commercial setting that is described in the paper.
- Application Papers:
papers that describe applications that stretch, or present challenges to, established data management tools or techniques.
Submissions to this track can be in the form of short papers (6 pages) or full papers (12 pages), and will be selected for inclusion in the program principally on the basis of their originality and significance. Please make it explicit in the submission if the paper is to be reviewed as an industrial or application paper.
All aspects of the submission and notification process will be handled electronically. All papers should be submitted in electronic format.
The submission web site is: https://cmt.research.
No late papers will be accepted. Submissions are reviewed following the single blind review process, meaning, you need not hide authors' names and affiliations.