University of Geneva Summer School jointly with the UNCTAD-UNIGE Sustainability Research Centre
The Geneva CSR Summer School on Global CSR issues provides insights on how the business sector addresses environmental, human rights or sustainable development issues through corporate social responsibility (CSR). It delves into the interactions between governments, international organizations, civil society and businesses through lectures at University of Geneva and site visits at the United Nations Office in Geneva, UN specialised agencies and companies.
- Concepts and definitions of CSR; tools for implementation
- Global issues and business involvement: environment, human rights, finance, labour, global health
- Sustainability leadership
- Site visits to companies and to the United Nations
Geneva Summer Schools Excellence Scholarships 2015
Geneva Summer Schools offers a limited number of Excellence Scholarships to summer school participants for certain courses.
These scholarships are in the form ofpartial or full tuition exemption.
Scholarship application is done in the online application form.
To apply for a scholarship, students must include:
- Scholarship statement
- Letter of Recommendation
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence, letter of reference, and financial need. Incomplete scholarship applications will not be considered.
ThinkSwiss Scholarships 2015
The Geneva Summer Schools has 4 ThinkSwiss Scholarships to award (up to 1300 CHF each) to students enrolled in Canadian and US Universities who wish to attend the Geneva Summer Schools 2015. These scholarships are sponsored by the Embassy of Switzerland in the United States of America.
To be considered for a ThinkSwiss scholarship:
- Apply for your summer school online (http://genevasummerschools.ch/)
- Send in your ThinkSwiss application (deadline May 1, 2015) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject « ThinkSwiss Application » composed of:
- a 500 word (max) statement about why you would like to be considered for this Think Swiss scholarship
- Your CV
- Proof of enrollment in Canadian or US university
- Current academic transcript