TechChange Summer Fellowship
Do you want to apply your programming skills to make a difference in the world? TechChange is excited to announce a summer fellowship program for recent graduates and rising college juniors and seniors. The fellowship will provide practical training in web development as well as a unique exposure to a range of applications and organizations using technology to tackle a variety of global challenges — from creating prosthetic limbs with a 3D printer to combating malaria with mobile devices.
As a fellow you will spend three months designing and implementing a web development project related to education, technology, and social good. TechChange staff will provide training, mentorship, and a series of events to support you in this process.
Who we think will be a great fit:
- You’re someone who could spend your summer working at a top tech company, but making a difference in the world is more important to you. You have a solid foundation in web development or object-oriented programming, but you’re looking to expand your skills and understand how they might be applied to projects that address disease, hunger, unemployment, poverty, natural disasters, and other pressing issues. You love to learn new things and challenge yourself. You wake up every day excited to be part of a creative, collaborative community that is building something meaningful. And you want to have a little fun along the way.
- Be a current junior, senior, or a recent graduate
- Have at least one year of experience in computer science or web development
- Possess an interest in international relations, international development, humanitarian work, and social good
- Be self-starting and willing to have a little fun too
- Be a US citizen or have legal working status in the US for the duration of the fellowship
It helps if you also have (but absolutely not required):
- Proficiency in Node.js, Django, or PHP
- Familiarity with Grunt, Gulp, or other build tools
- Teaching or curriculum design experience
Apply below. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as we will be reviewing applications and selecting Fellows on an on-going basis. Applications due February 15, 2016, and fellows will be announced no later than March 11th. The fellowship will run from June 6th – August 26th.
The fellowship is open to non-US citizens based outside of the US willing to cover their own visa & travel processes and expenses and non-US citizens based in the US with student visas or other legal working status. Unfortunately, we cannot supply visas or arrange travel for non-US citizens outside of the US.