The international Summer School on CSR Management will take place in Hamburg, Germany from 27 July to 07 August 2015.
The HSBA Summer School is designed to train you in the fields of business ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and to stimulate a discourse about current and future goals, challenges and most importantly about the social and economic opportunities that correspond with responsible and sustainable business conduct.
The 2nd HSBA Summer School on CSR Management – Corporate Social Responsibility in a Globalised World offers you a unique chance to discuss current issues and future trends in the field of business ethics with your peers from around the world as well as with high profile lecturers, key note speakers and business representatives.
You will develop theoretical and analytical skills related to business ethics and CSR and you will get the chance to build a personal network of young talents and leading experts in this field.
Lecturers and key note speakers include:
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Matten (York University, Toronto)
- Prof. Dr. Joachim Schwalbach (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin)
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Schaltegger (Leuphana Universität Lüneburg)
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Gilbert (Universität Hamburg)
- Prof. Dr. Sarah Jastram (HSBA)
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Prigge (HSBA)
- Damian Bäumlisberger (HSBA)
- Marion Kluck/Thomas Hofmann (Deutsche Bahn)
- Dr. Delia Schindler (Tchibo)
- Oliver Schollmeyer (BDI: Federation of German Industries)
- Bernhard Schwager (Robert Bosch GmbH)
- Andreas Streubig (Otto Group)
- Dr. Norbert Taubken (Scholz & Friends)
It is a matter of particular concern to HSBA to ensure that motivated candidates can attend the Summer School despite the costs. Therefore HSBA offers two full scholarships as well as 50% scholarships.
Please indicate in your letter of motivation why you would be the perfect candidate for the HSBA scholarship.
We look forward to your application to the HSBA Summer School 2015!
To apply for the HSBA Summer School you will need to hand in the following documents:
- Application Form (see "Downloads" to your right)
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
- Transcript of records
- Proof of English language requirement (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Certificate, other equivalent)
Based on these documents the admission committee will then select the most suitable candidates. No more than 30 students will be admitted to the HSBA Summer School.
Please send your application to Hedda
). The application deadline is the 30th April 2015.
Late applications may also be accepted in exceptional cases.
Be aware that you will have to contact the relevant German representative’s offices in order to determine whether you will need a visa. Also you will have to take care of your visa application. For further information on visa requirements please visit
Please also make sure that that your health insurance covers all HSBA Summer School activities in Germany. HSBA´s liability is restricted by the regulations made by the German law.