The global age has been caracterized by a new protagonism of radical social movements, both in terms of their political mobilization and of a new conceptualization of politics. On the other hand, sovereignty has witnessed a radical process of redefinition of its very notion and functioning beyond its modern forms.
The 2017 Summer school in Global Studies and Critical Theory will focus on the problems and opportunities raised by these fundamental transformations of contemporary politics. Classes, seminars, public meetings and debates will address them both from an historical and theoretical perspective, and through the analysis of exemplary case studies, aiming at providing critical tools for the understanding of the current dynamics.
Up to 40 participants will be selected and required to attend all plenary lectures, the two morning courses, and at least one afternoon class per week. The Academy and other sponsors offer several grants covering fees, accomodation and/or travel. Applications must be submitted by April 15, 2017 at 3.00 pm (GMT+1). For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete and submit the application form and upload the following materials (in English) by April 15, 2017 at 3.00 pm (GMT+1):
• A detailed Curriculum Vitae
• A statement of purpose
• One letter of recommendation
Applicants accepted in the program will be notified by April 25, 2017 via email. They must confirm their participation by May 2, 2017. Registration fees are also due by May 9, 2017.
Selected applicants will be asked to cover:
200 € Enrollment Fees (including Welcome and Closing cocktails)
Payment of the enrollment fees is available via Bank Transfer to the Department of History and Cultures at University of Bologna
Bank Transfer Details:
• TO: Dipartimento di Storia, Culture, Civiltà dell’Università di Bologna
• Bank: Unicredit S.p.a.
• IBAN number: IT68V0200802457000102271585
• SWIFT code (when asked): UNCRITMMXXX – If this does not work (depending on the particular bank), try: UNCRITM1PM7
Selected students are required to confirm their registration by paying the fees and emailing their receipt to email@example.com by June 5, 2017.
The Academy is offering grants for the 2017 edition of the Summer School in Global Studies and Critical Theory:
• Up to 10 grants covering fees and accommodation
• Up to 5 grants covering fees
• Up to 2 grants covering fees, accommodation, and travel costs (max 1000 euros) for Global South participants
• 1 grant sponsored by FIBRA – Fondazione Culturale Italo Brasiliana covering fees, accommodation, and travel costs (max 2000 euros) for a Brazilian participant to the 2017 edition of the Summer school on Global Studies and Critical Theory
• Up to 5 grants sponsored by UNIPOL GRUPPO covering fees, accommodation, and travel costs (max 1000 euros) for Global South participants to the 2017 edition of the Summer school on Global Studies and Critical Theory
NOTE: In their statement of purpose, applicants must state if they are applying for grants. If so, they must also specify if their attendance is contingent on receiving grants.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: