About the Summer School
The program includes lectures and practical trainings on the designing and operation of modern airborne information systems. Students will study basics on avionic system design, architecture, structure and functional solutions, onboard interfaces; work with e-maps, meteo- and teleinformation, synthesized 2D and 3D graphics. The tasks of designing automation, verification, diagnostics and reliability engineering of modern airborne information systems according to CALS technologies are to be mentioned. Upcoming trends of avionics systems designing will be discussed.
The Program includes the following topics:
- aerodynamics and aviation fundamentals,
- DO-178B (C) – the basis avionics standard,
- avionics embedded systems architecture,
- model oriented design – the modern avionics design technology,
- model oriented avionics display design on the base of modern CAD systems,
- model oriented avionics logic design on the base of modern CAD systems.
Classes are held by highly qualified staff Faculty of Information Systems and Technologies and visiting specialist of an aviation school. The course also includes practical training in a professional pilot training center, the lecture of scientific staff of the Museum of the Civil Aviation History (the biggest museum of civil aviation in Russia) and a visit of CJSC Aviastar-SP (an aircraft factory which manufactures the cargo and passenger aircrafts AN-124 Ruslan, IL-476 and TU-204).
The examples of successful experience of this program are Summer School 2011 and Summer School 2012. As a part of the international Summer School 2011 participants learned much about aircrafts. They also got acquainted with piloting instruments and tools. Aviation students of Summer School 2012 in addition to lectures and workshops, had a class at the Ulyanovsk Higher Civil Aviation School pilot training center. At the end of the summer school students received their certificates during the International Air Transport Forum in 2012 in a special, festive atmosphere.
Entertaining part of the program combines sports activities, workshops, museums, out-of-town guided tour, bicycle rides, open air movie theater and the air show with participation of Russian leading air display teams devoted to Russian Air Fleet Day which is held annually on the territory of aircraft plant Aviastar-SP.
Upon completion students receive a certificate of a taken course, indicating the number of credits received and workbooks composed from lectures.
It is recommend for students to form groups when arriving to Russia so the specialists of UlSTU International Office could meet them in Moscow and follow to Ulyanovsk.
Number of students
Send to the coordinator via e-mail:
- application (download from the homepage);
- copy of the main page of the international passport;
- Choose a you want to apply for (you can apply only for ONE school);
- Fill out an Application form (the application form is general for all schools);
- Attach a copy of your international passport and a CV (in free format);
- Send the documents to the coordinators via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait for a confirmation from coordinators during 2 weeks via e-mail or telephone.
- After the deadline (July 17, 2015) groups will be formed. You will get a notification.
NOTE: In case your summer school group was not formed of any reason you can participate in another summer school.
- During 2 weeks after the deadline you should pay the overall cost of the Summer School you have applied for. The course fee includes tuition, accommodation, meals (breakfasts and 2 banquets), cultural program.
For German students: DAAD scholarships are available.
For partner university students: a fee reduction could be applicable.
- After we confirmed your payment we will send you an invitation you need to apply for a visa.
- Apply for a visa to Russian consulate or Embassy you have mentioned in your application form. After you get a visa, please, inform us.
- When you have your tickets let us know about your route – airways/ railway station, flight number/ train number, time of arrival. It is recommend for students to form groups when arriving to Russia so the specialists of UlSTU International Office could meet them in Moscow and follow to Ulyanovsk.
- Do not forget to invite your friends to join your summer edutainment trip!
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: