Geneva has long been one of the world’s capitals of international law and the headquarters of international institutions dedicated to human rights. This inspiring context naturally led to the focus and strength of the University of Geneva in international human right laws and policies.
The Summer School ‘Children at the Heart of Human Rights’ is a unique opportunity for students and young professionals to work side by side with leading experts in a dynamic scientific interdisciplinary environment. It is the perfect preparation for those students interested in children’s rights and international human rights organizations.
The course is shaped to bring out the best of current issues in the international debate on children’s rights studies and policies. It will examine with an interdisciplinary perspective, different international legal instruments such as the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and other human rights treaties and standard-setting instruments The programme is characterized by :
- the interplay between theory and practice in the field of children's rights,
- the international perspective promoted by the lecturers from different regions of the world,
- the field visits of several UN Agencies, international humanitarian organisations and NGOs, located in Geneva
The blending of all these features will favour a vibrant, challenging and fruitful interactive learning atmosphere.
Geneva Summer Schools Excellence Scholarships 2015
Geneva Summer Schools offers a limited number of Excellence Scholarships to summer school participants for certain courses.
These scholarships are in the form ofpartial or full tuition exemption.
Scholarship application is done in the online application form.
To apply for a scholarship, students must include:
- Scholarship statement
- Letter of Recommendation
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence, letter of reference, and financial need. Incomplete scholarship applications will not be considered.
ThinkSwiss Scholarships 2015
The Geneva Summer Schools has 4 ThinkSwiss Scholarships to award (up to 1300 CHF each) to students enrolled in Canadian and US Universities who wish to attend the Geneva Summer Schools 2015. These scholarships are sponsored by the Embassy of Switzerland in the United States of America.
To be considered for a ThinkSwiss scholarship:
- Apply for your summer school online (http://genevasummerschools.ch/)
- Send in your ThinkSwiss application (deadline May 1, 2015) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject « ThinkSwiss Application » composed of:
- a 500 word (max) statement about why you would like to be considered for this Think Swiss scholarship
- Your CV
- Proof of enrollment in Canadian or US university
- Current academic transcript