Big Data and Analytics Summer School
Our summer school is for graduates, students, researchers and professionals in the emerging fields of big data, data science and analytics who would like to find out more or be updated on the current trends and developments in this exciting and fast-developing field.
- Hear keynote talks by leading experts.
- Attend state-of-the-art courses delivered by academics from Essex and other leading institutions and our industrial partners.
- Network with your peers in an invaluable forum for knowledge exchange.
Whether you're interested in the curation and management of big data, advanced techniques and methods including artificial intelligence and statistical methods, or applications of big data in fields ranging from business and finance to bioinformatics, you'll find a set of relevant courses for you.
Each year we invite leading experts from business to give keynote talks to our participants. These are open to University staff.
Social and networking events
There will be plenty of opportunities throughout to network with your peers and presenters. Each week there will be a social event on campus with food and drink for the evening included in the registration fee.
- Monday 24 July– buffet and drinks reception
- Tuesday 1 August – formal dinner at Wivenhoe House Hotel
This year's Essex Big Data Summer School will be held at Essex Business School on our Colchester Campus.
Accommodation is available on campus during the summer school in designated self-catering, en-suite rooms. Prices are £40.00 per night.
Book a room and use the promo code 'BigData17' to ensure you receive the discounted rate.
Fees and registration
The registration fee includes all tuition, refreshments during the teaching day (mid-morning refreshments, lunch and mid-afternoon-refreshments) plus one social event per week which includes food and drink for the evening.
Once you've registered, the Summer School Administrator, Emma McClelland, will send you an email and enrol you onto your chosen courses.
- Register for both weeks (Monday 24 July to Friday 4 August).
- Register for week 1 only (Monday 24 July to Friday 28 July)).
- Register for week 2 only (Monday 31 July to Friday 4 August).
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.