Since 2010 the A.U.K. Peace Building Post-Conflict Transformation and Development Program has provided students from the Balkans and around the world, a program taught by academic specialists and distinguished practitioners in the diplomatic, military, and civilian fields of conflict resolution and post-conflict reconstruction in the Balkans and the wider region.
The program offers courses in:
- the Origins and Resolution of Conflicts in the Balkans and Globally
- the Economics of Post-Conflict Resolution
- Human Rights and Journalism in Conflict Regions
This important and unique program combines the experience and talents of academics and practitioners of conflict resolution - diplomats, military personnel, journalists, and NGO activists. The program provides a practical, hands-on perspective on the issues while taking advantage of the “living laboratory” associated with thehistorical, cultural, and politically significant sites of Kosovo and the surrounding region.
Students and professionals are invited to be part of this memorable experience:
- All-inclusive program
- Study abroad for five weeks with renowned experts
- Gain and enhance new intellectual skills and knowledge
- Expand cultural and social horizons
- Tour historic, cultural, and politically significant sites in the scenic Balkans and Kosovo
- Develop new and lasting friendships with people from over 45 countries
Share experiences with one another, and much more, at the A.U.K. Peace Building Post-Conflict Transformation and Development Program.
Applications for 2015 are now open (Application Form)
To apply for the summer program, students should complete and submit the online application form together with:
- A letter of recommendation from a current professor or your academic adviser stating that you are in good academic standing;
- A letter of recommendation from your employer, if working;
- A scanned copy of your passport.
Application deadline May 25, 2015
Scholarships: a limited amount of funding is available. Those wishing to apply for scholarship funding, in addition to the above mentioned, should also provide us with:
- Financial Statement (if self-employed or family members living with you)
- 500-word essay on why scholarship funds are needed
Scholarship application deadline: April 30, 2015
** Applications sent after the deadline will not be accepted. Students will receive a letter of acceptance or denial five days after sending in their online application with the required documents.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: