About Architecture and Urban Design Studio Summer Peogram
This course provides an introduction to post graduate studies in Architecture through the vehicle of a three-week studio based design programme. It will use methodological prompts from Patrick Geddes and other theorists and practitioners for experimenting in contemporary architectural and urban design propositions within Edinburgh.
Course entry is sought from students with a degree in Architecture who have an interest in developing into post-graduate education.
This course is available to students with a demonstrable background in Architecture and/or Urban Design who are considering progressing their learning at a post-graduate level and wish to be involved in creative studio output. A high level of drawing skills will provide an excellent platform for obtaining the most from this course. The course is open to different design sensibilities, but requires all students to fully participate with a high level of production.
Students must possess a first degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture and/or Urban Design. A portfolio must be submitted as part of the application.
This is a post graduate level non-credit-bearing course, for those students who are about to enrol on our MSC in Architectural and Urban Design there is a credit bearing version of this course which can constitute a 20-credit optional module to be carried forward onto the MSc, please see here or more details Architecture and Urban Design Studio 2
The fees for this course have been laid out fully on our course fees page.
As course fees and accommodation costs are payable separately, it will not be possible to reduce the tuition fee cost for those students who opt to arrange their own accommodation off-campus.
£575 per week
You have a choice of accommodation options for varying prices, dependent on your preferences:
- Standard Single, DB&B: £294.00 per week
- En-suite Single, DB&B: £469.00 per week
- Self-Catered, Shared: £168.00 per week
To enhance your experience at the University of Edinburgh Summer School, a variety of social and cultural activities will be organized to allow you to explore and discover the history, traditions and beauty of Scotland whilst meeting people from across the world. Each student can participate in the social and cultural activities which are included in the course fee. A free gym membership is included as well as a variety of fun and interesting things to do and see in Edinburgh. Additionally, students can book on to day and weekend tours to explore the rest and best of Scotland (at a discounted rate for Summer School students).
Please note you will also need to pay for any essential books on the reading lists provided and any entrance fees for exhibits and other related fees on study visits.
Scholarship - Scottish Summer Endeavour
Scholarship application opens on 1st December
Scottish Summer Endeavour Scholarships are offered to students from all countries who can display evidence of outstanding academic merit.
The scholarship equates to a partial tuition fee waiver for any course listed on www.summerschool.ed.ac.uk.
The scholarships are competitive and awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit. A minimum of 3.3 GPA or equivalent is required and evidence of this must be provided along with your application.
In order to apply, you should be a full-time university/college student who can demonstrate that you meet the academic and language requirements of your preferred course.
1. Choose the course you are interested in.
2. Go to your preferred programme page and select ‘click here to apply now’, located towards the top right of your screen. This will enable you to request an application form and further guidance regarding the application process.
2. Fill out the application form and attach the documents required in order to support your application. This will include the following:
- one letter of recommendation provided by your academic referee (no longer than 500 words)
- (interim) degree transcripts
- Evidence of an internationally recognised English language qualification (if appropriate).
4. Send back the application form stating in your email that you would like to apply for the Scottish Summer Endeavour Scholarship.
5. Remember to enclose any other documents that will support your application.