The International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS) herewith launches the Call for Applications for its upcoming Study Trip to the capital of Germany. Three days of very intensive and enriching program spent in Berlin. The main focus of this intensive study trip is understanding Germany’s role in Europe and the World by exploring historical and contemporary issues in German politics and their impact on European and international affairs.
Take your chance and join us for this unique study trip to the capital of a country which plays arguably the most central role in the European Union. Why and how has Germany (re)developed this role? What position does Germany have in European and international relations nowadays? What are the current challenges for Germany and the EU? Those are just a few of the questions, which we will be discussing on this study trip. With the help of various political, academic or civil society actors, participants will get the chance to receive in-depth knowledge for answering those questions.
- visit to the German Parliament and the famous Berlin Wall Memorial.
- visit to the German Federal Foreign Office with meeting foreign policy officers including the Chief of Staff of the department of Transatlantic Cooperation
- visit to the Campaign Office of the European Citizen’s Initiative ‘Stop TTIP’ to oppositional groups and their influence on German politics
- meeting with actors at institutions such as the Global Public Policy Institute, Institute for European Politics as well as Transparency International
- on Friday evening, when our main programme ends, you will have the great opportunity to explore this lively city with its legendary nightlife – may also consider to extend your trip for the whole weekend!
Participation Fee per person: 189 EUR
Included: Accommodation in central Berlin-Mitte (4 nights at the St Christopher’s Inn Berlin, 39-41 Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse); breakfast; local transportation in Berlin; a welcome and farewell dinner; comprehensive trip material; all featured program components and access to all institutions on schedule.
Not included: Travel costs to and from Berlin from your home country, costs for Schengen visa and (potential) immunisation costs. We encourage students to check with their home universities for potential scholarship options. Unfortunately, IAPSS does not provide scholarships or travel grants for this trip.
* We are happy to provide you with a personalized visa invitation letter on the basis of a completed registration (requires payment), which you can use for your visa application at the German Embassy (or its representative) in your country of residence.
Remarks: After successful selection, the participation fee has to be transferred in advance in order to confirm your participation. Participants have the opportunity to stay longer before/after the study trip on their own expenses.
How to Apply?
Excited? Then don’t hesitate and join IAPSS on this unique and exciting opportunity to discover Berlin with fellow political science students from all around the world! Complete the online application form at latest by September 30th, 2015. Notification on selection will be given within five working days after the deadline elapses. In case of acceptance, you will receive information on how to confirm your participation and further instructions.
Deadline for Applications: September 30th, 2015
Please note that IAPSS membership is required in order to participate in IAPSS Study Trips. Membership comes at only 15 EUR/10 EUR a year (depending on your country of citizenship) and offers you a wide range of benefits, including priority access to IAPSS conferences, IAPSS delegations, IAPSS seasonal schools and IAPSS study trips, as well as the opportunity to contribute to IAPSS’ political science journals POLITIKON, Encuentro Latino Americano and the online international affairs blog A Different View. Also, members receive the two-monthly IAPSS News & Opportunitiesnewsletter, which includes political science opportunities such as internships, jobs, conference calls and more. There are discounted rates available for 2-year memberships.
In case of any further question or inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us. We are looking forward to discovering Berlin with you!