Suitable for all levels of photographer from complete beginner to advanced and aims to introduce the practice of Street Photography. It is concerned with improving the personal work that all participants are making and increasing the chances of a successful hunt.
On day 1, in the classroom the group will talk about optimum camera set ups, how to interact with subjects and legal rights. Participants will look at the work of the masters of street photography and discuss how they got their shots and what lead them to such brilliant subjects. Also covered is looking at how street photographers have reflected their times and reinvigorated its limits so that each participant can too.
More than any other approach street photography allows the opportunity to develop the eye so there will be a substantial practical session followed by a critique of work produced and suggestions for how to keep progressing and improving and ways to iron out problems experienced.
On day two, emphasis is on finding a signature style that you can put your stamp on and be proud to share with the world! Building on what you learnt on, today will focus on shooting an assignment.
In the classroom, participants will receive in-depth advice on camera settings such as zone focusing, an introduction to Lightroom for editing, options for gaining recognition and self publishing.
Outdoors, participant will be working on a theme, rather than single images in order to create a more coherent body of work. Focus will also be on improving your street photography through different viewpoints, lighting, and selecting backgrounds.
Day 3 will focus on what to do with your images once you have shot them. How to edit down your images to produce a consistent body of work that reflects your signature style.
You will also look at your editing options in Adobe Lightroom. How to effectively enhance your colours or convert your images to black and white.
Whether you're looking to develop your knowledge and skills, or are keen to discover creative ways to repond to photographic briefs, this is a ideal course.
The focus of this Summer School is not on technical ability but on developing the creative side of your photography.
For further information or to book over the phone, please call us at the office on 020 7608 0000.
In the office:
- Street photography as an expression of your personality: A look at the masters
- Camera setups and lenses
- How to act in the street and what your legal rights are
- Methods to discover and hone your instincts
In the street:
- What do street photographers see that others don't
- How to shoot people without feeling intimidated
- Practical advice as you shoot
- The where and when of street photography
Back in the office:
- Review of participants' photographs from the day with guidance on how to improve and where to go to keep getting your pictures
- In-depth camera settings
- Zone focusing
- Use of flash
- Picking a background
- Shooting from the hip
- Differing viewpoints and lighting
- Working on a theme
- Shapes, patterns, geometry, colour
- Producing a coherent body of work
- Tips & tricks in Lightroom 6
- Black & whites conversions
- Enhancing colour
- Getting your work out there
- Developing a style
- How to gain recognition using social media
Requirements: Digital SLR Camera or Bridge Camera with fully manual controls.
Don't have your own DSLR camera?
If you don't have your own Digital SLR camera then there's no need to worry. You can hire one of ours for £15 per day. Send us an email for more details - email@example.com