Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship
Reliance Industries Limited generously created the Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program to support Indian nationals living in India who need financial assistance in obtaining an MBA at Stanford.
Stanford GSB has a strong emphasis on global management education. Stanford GSB is proud to have enrolled many Indian students over the years; they are a vital part of our student body and provide our community with direct and personal insight into an emerging global economy that also is the world’s largest democracy. We hope this fellowship encourages talented and motivated Indian men and women who may not otherwise apply to the business school because of financial concerns.
The Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program provides future Indian leaders with the educational foundation to effect positive change in India. Fellows return to India to lead organizations that are at the forefront of growth and development in the rapidly emerging Indian economy.
Each year, Stanford may award up to five fellowships:
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows will receive financial support for the cost of tuition and associated fees for each year of the two-year Stanford MBA Program (approximately $150,000 total).
- Within two years of completing their Stanford MBA studies, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows are required to return to India for a period of at least two years to work for an Indian organization.
- Upon their return to India, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows are integral members of Stanford University, Stanford GSB, and Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows communities.
Process and Evaluation Criteria
- Apply for Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program
- Apply to Stanford MBA Program
- Attend Stanford MBA Program
- Return to work in India for at least two years
Stage 1: Complete the Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program Application
Up to 50 Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows finalists will be selected based on:
- Commitment to developing India
- Financial need
Stage 2: Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program Finalists Complete the Standard Application Process for the Stanford MBA Program
As part of the MBA admission process, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program finalists must meet all Stanford GSB application requirements, including submission of GMAT or GRE and IELTS, PTE, or TOEFL if applicable.
Stanford may select up to five Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows each year from among the finalists based on our primary admission criteria:
- Intellectual vitality
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Personal qualities and contributions
Please read this website carefully, as requirements to apply to this Fellowship differ from the requirements for the MBA Program application. Fellowship application materials include:
- Educational history and scores: 10 board exams, 12 board exams, Joint Entrance Exam (JEE), and/or Common Admission Test (CAT). You may also submit the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and/or Graduate Record Examination (GRE), if available. These are optional at the fellowship application stage. If you’re selected as a finalist, you’ll be required to take one of these exams as part of your application to the MBA Program. If you went to an undergraduate college or university where the language of instruction was not English, you may also be required to take an English-language exam. Official transcripts are not considered at this stage. Finalists will be required to submit an unofficial copy of your transcripts in the MBA Application and will submit official copies upon admission to the MBA Program.
- Awards and honors (academic or social)
- Employment history: Letters of recommendation are not considered at this stage. Finalists will be required to submit two Letters of Recommendation in the MBA Application.
- One-page resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- 250-word essay
- Individual financial information
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: