Society of Economic Geologists Foundation Graduate Student Fellowship Program
The Society of Economic Geologists Foundation, Inc. (SEGF) under its Graduate Student Fellowship Program has awarded one-year fellowships, ranging from US$2,500 to US$15,000 each year since 2007 to students who intend to pursue a course of study in economic geology leading to a Professional Master’s, Master of Science (M.Sc.) and/or Ph.D. degree. Students from throughout the world with an expressed interest in pursuing graduate studies in economic geology are encouraged to apply. Awards are competitive and based on merit and qualifications of the applicant.
Application submission deadline is February 1, 2016. Applications, references and/or required supporting documentation, should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, or if mailed, must be received by the posted application deadline at the following address:
SEGF Graduate Student Fellowship Program
Society of Economic Geologists Foundation, Inc.
7811 Shaffer Parkway
Littleton, CO 80127-3732
How to Apply
Follow the steps below to complete the application process:
- Read the following:
- Elements of the Program and InstructionsOpen PDF in new window.
- Suggestions for writing a successful SEGF graduate student fellowship applicationOpen PDF in new window.
- Download and complete the following forms:
- Completed application forms must be accompanied by:
- an official transcript of grades from the institution awarding the BS degree, and
- two letters of recommendation (above forms 2b and 2c)—one from the student's undergraduate advisor or head of department, and another from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's academic record and character.