Society of Economic Geologists Foundation Graduate Student Fellowship Program
The Society of Economic Geologists Foundation, Inc. (SEGF) under its Graduate Student Fellowship Program has awarded one-year fellowships, ranging from US$2,500 to US$15,000 each year since 2007 to students who intend to pursue a course of study in economic geology leading to a Professional Master’s, Master of Science (M.Sc.) and/or Ph.D. degree. Students from throughout the world with an expressed interest in pursuing graduate studies in economic geology are encouraged to apply. Awards are competitive and based on merit and qualifications of the applicant.
Application submission deadline is February 1, 2016. Applications, references and/or required supporting documentation, should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, or if mailed, must be received by the posted application deadline at the following address:
SEGF Graduate Student Fellowship Program
Society of Economic Geologists Foundation, Inc.
7811 Shaffer Parkway
Littleton, CO 80127-3732
Applicants Must Meet the Following Requirements
- Have completed, or are in the process of completing, a BS or equivalent degree in the geosciences or a related field.
- Have been accepted, in the process of being accepted, or currently enrolled, as a first-year (ever) graduate student at a recognized college/university offering a graduate program leading to a Professional Master’s, M.Sc., and/or Ph.D. in economic geology as it relates to the study of mineral and ore deposits, geochemistry, or geophysics with applications to minerals exploration and mine geology.
- Applicants who have completed a first year of graduate school, regardless of degree or field of study, are not eligible.
- Applicants who have been awarded a Graduate Student Fellowship grant from the SEGF are not eligible.
- Must be an SEG Student Member.
Fellowships awarded under this program will be announced by early March. SEGF/SEGCF will release funds to successful applicants upon receipt of proof of enrollment at the graduate school selected by the student and a letter from faculty member. Those awarded a Graduate Student Fellowship will not be eligible for a Student Research Grant in the same calendar year.
How to Apply
Follow the steps below to complete the application process:
- Read the following:
- Elements of the Program and InstructionsOpen PDF in new window.
- Suggestions for writing a successful SEGF graduate student fellowship applicationOpen PDF in new window.
- Download and complete the following forms:
- Completed application forms must be accompanied by:
- an official transcript of grades from the institution awarding the BS degree, and
- two letters of recommendation (above forms 2b and 2c)—one from the student's undergraduate advisor or head of department, and another from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's academic record and character.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: