Six-month Communications Internship at Euro Coop
Terms of Reference
Euro Coop is the voice of the cooperative retailers in Europe. Our associations brings together the national associations of consumer cooperatives in 19 European countries, which represent 4,500 local/regional cooperatives, employing 500,000 citizens across Europe, operating 36,000 stores, which serve 32 million consumer-members daily. Euro Coop’s members together are Europe’s strongest retail force – accounting for € 76 billion in annual turnover from sales.
Euro Coop’s Secretariat in Brussels represents the interests of its members before the European Institutions and facilitates the inter-member exchange between the national associations.
We offer a 6-month working experience within communications at Euro Coop
The communications intern manages the Euro Coop communications plan on a daily basis and is in direct supervision of the Communications Manager. Furthermore, in coordination with the other team members of Euro Coop, the intern makes sure that internal and external communications are precise and effective.
Main tasks that you will be assigned as Communications intern:
- You will help managing the existing communication tools, and in particular two associations’ websites and newsletters (one monthly, one quarterly);
- You will contribute outlining the future communications strategy of Euro Coop;
- You will liaise with the other staff members to produce contents that are then distributed through existing communication tools;
- You will work closely on a daily basis with the Communications Manager of an affiliate association – Cooperatives Europe.
The skills and experience that we are looking for:
- University degree of at least three years in a relevant field - an advanced university communications degree and/or international relations is an asset;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, especially in a written form;
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written - additional language skills are an asset, in particular French;
- Experience in conducting primary and secondary research with good report writing skills;
- Knowledge of the functioning of the EU;
- Acquaintance of social media and creation/management of websites is an asset;
- Ability to work in a small, multi-cultural team;
- Perfect command of Microsoft Office package; ability to use graphic design related software is an asset.
Interested to apply?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV as well as a cover letter to email@example.com. The cover letter should obligatory contain the following elements:
- Your motivation to apply;
- An explanation of how your (relevant) skills and experience match the intern specifications. In explaining your skills and experience, please use relevant personal examples to support your case (max ½ page);
- A specification of when you could start at the earliest.
Considering the large amount of applications that we receive, only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 9 October 2015
Starting date of interviews: 12 October 2015
Expected starting date: 19 October 2015
Minimum remuneration: € 700 net/month
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: