LATA is a conference series on theoretical computer science and its applications. Following the tradition of the diverse PhD training events in the field organized by Rovira i Virgili University since 2002, LATA 2017 will reserve significant room for young scholars at the beginning of their career. It will aim at attracting contributions from classical theory fields as well as application areas.
LATA 2017 will take place in Umeå, a university town in North Sweden which was European Capital of Culture in 2014. The venue will be the Faculty of Science and Technology.
Topics of either theoretical or applied interest include, but are not limited to:
- algebraic language theory
- algorithms for semi-structured data mining
- algorithms on automata and words
- automata and logic
- automata for system analysis and programme verification
- automata networks
- automata, concurrency and Petri nets
- automatic structures
- combinatorics on words
- computational complexity
- data and image compression
- descriptional complexity
- foundations of finite state technology
- foundations of XML
- grammars (Chomsky hierarchy, contextual, unification, categorial, etc.)
- grammatical inference and algorithmic learning
- graphs and graph transformation
- language varieties and semigroups
- language-based cryptography
- mathematical and logical foundations of programming methodologies
- parallel and regulated rewriting
- power series
- string processing algorithms
- symbolic dynamics
- term rewriting
- trees, tree languages and tree automata
- weighted automata
October 21, 2016 - paper submission (closing at 23:59h, CET)
November 25, 2016 - notification of paper acceptance or rejection
December 5, 2016 - final version of the paper for the LNCS proceedings
December 5, 2016 - early registration
February 20, 2017 - late registration
June 10, 2017 - submission to the journal special issue
A volume of proceedings published by Springer in the LNCS series will be available by the time of the conference.
A special issue of the journal Information and Computation (Elsevier, 2015 JCR impact factor: 0.873) will be later published containing peer-reviewed substantially extended versions of some of the papers contributed to the conference. Submissions to it will be by invitation.
A volume of LNCS proceedings (Springer) will be available by the time of the conference.
- Yonas Demeke (Umeå)
- Frank Drewes (Umeå, co-chair)
- Petter Ericson (Umeå)
- Anna Jonsson (Umeå)
- Carlos Martín-Vide (Tarragona, co-chair)
- Manuel Jesús Parra Royón (Granada)
- Bianca Truthe (Giessen)
- Florentina Lilica Voicu (Tarragona)
- Niklas Zechner (Umeå)
For more information please click on "Further official information" below.