The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. For Armenia, PFP is administered with a legislative focus and administered by American Councils for International Education: ACTR/ACCELS.
American Councils invites eligible young professionals to submit an online application by April 15, 2015 for this short-term professional development exchange in the United States.
PFP affords promising young professionals the opportunity to gain practical experience in, and exposure to, the United States government. These professionals will be part of the larger cohort of fellows from other countries. The knowledge and interest of these young Eurasian professionals in American political processes will be expanded through short-termfellowships in state legislatures and city halls across the United States, as well as on Capitol Hill and in non-profit organizations that address policy issues.
PFP goals are to:
- be a citizen and resident of Armenia;
- be 25 to 35 years of age at the time of application;
- be a college graduate (equivalent of a Bachelor's degree or higher);
- be proficient in English. If applicants are selected as a semi-finalist American Councils will give them an institutional TOEFL exam, unless they have a valid TOEFL score over 500 (paper test) or over 60 (IBT test) or its equivalent (for example, valid IELTS band 6 or higher);
- have relevant experience in and commitment to a career in the public sector and/or nonprofit sector (e.g., legislative, executive, and NGOs that address policy issues); and
- have demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
Eligible candidates must submit the online application by April 15, 2015 athttps://ais.americancouncils.org/pfp
Please visit the program website at http://professionalfellows.americancouncils.org/ for more details about PFP application and selection or contact PFP Armenia Coordinator Nane Abrahamian at the American Councils Armenia office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4/7 Amiryan Street, 5th floor, 0010 Yerevan, Imperium Plaza Business Center Tel.: 54 40 12, 54 40 15, 56 00 45 website: www.americancouncils.am