The School of Applied Social Studies has a number of merit scholarships on offer to students wishing to study full-time at the School from September 2015. Please read through the following information carefully. Scholarships also available from some national government funding bodies.
We have the following awards available for the academic year 2015/16:
- MSc Social Work: Depending on demand the awards will be between £1,000 and £2,000 per successful applicant. Course commences September 2015.
- MSc Corporate Social Responsibility and Energy: Depending on demand the awards will be between £1,000 and £2,000 per successful applicant. Course commences September 2015.
You need to complete an application form and return it to the School.
How to Apply
The closing date for completed application forms for either of the two MSc courses is 14 August 2015.
We only consider applicants who have already been offered a place to study, so you will have to ensure that your application to study on either of the two courses is submitted well in advance of the August deadline.
Please download the Scholarship application below. You should return it to us by post, fax or as a scanned copy by e-mail.
When applying for the merit scholarship you are required to write a short statement in support of your application. The following points should be addressed:
- Why you are applying for the scholarship
- How you will benefit from the opportunities that being given the award will provide
- You may refer to achievements, activities and qualities which are particularly relevant to your application.
Other issues which need to be included are:
- A scanned transcript of your highest academic qualification
- A scanned copy of your IELTS/TOEFL certificate or other English language qualification (if relevant)
- A scanned copy of your University offer letter (or email if you have not received your letter).
Applications must be complete. Applications which are incomplete, missing required data or are illegible will be considered invalid. You may only apply for an award once. Multiple applications will not be considered.
Notification and acceptance; Terms and Conditions; Appeals Process.
Notification and acceptance
- Decisions will be announced in late August 2015
- Successful applicants will be informed in the first instance by email
- Applicants will be required to respond by email to accept the offer.
Terms and conditions
- All scholarships are awarded in the form of a discount on fees paid
- A scholarship will be withdrawn if:
- You fail to accept the offer within the time permitted;
- Your scholarship or University application is found to contain incomplete or inaccurate information;
- You defer your offer of a place, suspend your studies, withdraw from the University or are suspended or withdrawn from the University;
- You fail to make payment for fees due to the University within 23 days of the due date;
- In the event that a scholarship is withdrawn, you will need to pay the full fees due for your course.
All decisions on scholarship applications will be made by the School’s Scholarship Panel. All decisions are final and we cannot enter into correspondence with unsuccessful applicants. There are no grounds for appeal against an unsuccessful application with the following exception:
- Where there is evidence of alleged improper conduct or irregular procedure during the scholarship awards process
If you wish to appeal on the above ground, you should write in the first instance to the Head of School, outlining your evidence of alleged improper conduct or irregular procedure during the awards process. The Head of School will respond to you within 20 working days.