Scholarships for International Students
Each fall semester, UB awards more than $1 million to international undergraduate students. Scholarships are awarded for academic merit, creative excellence and to student athletes.
The International Admissions Scholarship
The University at Buffalo offers scholarships in varying amounts to qualified international freshmen. Scholarship awards vary from $2,000–$10,000 per academic year and are renewable for up to four years with good academic standing. The International Admissions scholarship may be combined with other UB scholarships.
- Open to qualified incoming freshman (first-year) students who have no course work or credits completed at a postsecondary institution
- Open only to full-time freshman international students
- Available to students initially enrolling in the fall semester
- Most scholarship recipients have a high school average of at least 88 percent or a B+ average (or the equivalent) and above average SAT/ACT scores.
Application and review process
- There is not a separate scholarship application form. All qualified freshman applicants will be considered for the scholarship as part of the regular application review process.
- Scholarships are awarded using a holistic review process. While GPA and test scores are the most important criteria, they are not the only criteria we consider.
- Submit a one-page essay about why you want to study at UB. This essay can be the same as the standard application essay; you do not need to submit an additional essay.
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation from a teacher who can comment about your potential as a university student and about your extracurricular activities. This recommendation letter can be the same as the standard application recommendation letter; you do not need to submit an additional letter.
Only complete applications received before April 15th will be given scholarship consideration.
Scholarship awards are announced in three rounds:
Application Deadline Award Announcement
Round 1 - February 1st
Round 2 - March 15th
Round 3 - April 15th
The University at Buffalo is part of the Mid-American Conference (MAC) and offers top-tier, NCAA Division I athletics. We recruit athletes from all over the world, especially among our neighbors in Canada. Student athletes are usually at the top of their division or conference levels in secondary schools. We offer athletic scholarships for the following sports:
- Baseball (men’s)
- Basketball (men’s and women’s)
- Crew (women’s)
- Cross country (men’s)
- Football (men’s)
- Soccer (men’s and women’s)
- Softball (women’s)
- Swimming and Diving (men’s and women’s)
- Tennis (men’s and women’s)
- Track and field (men’s and women’s)
- Volleyball (women’s)
- Wrestling (men’s)
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: