Scholarships for Guest Stays at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities (maximum duration: 3 months)
The a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School offers international doctoral students the possibility of a guest stay at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities for a maximum duration of 3 months. This grant is intended to provide international doctoral students with the opportunity to use research facilities such as libraries and archives in Cologne and the Cologne metropolitan area for their work. They also have the chance to network with scholars from the University of Cologne and other regional institutions. This type of grant is also intended to enhance and intensify the relationship between student and advisor, for example in the framework of a cotutela agreement. International guests can also take part in events and colloquia organized by the institutes and departments, and in events organized by the a.r.t.e.s. graduate classes.
Please submit the following documents with your application (in German or English):
- A letter of motivation (approx. three pages).
- A current exposé of your doctoral project.
- Your CV / résumé.
- A letter of invitation by the hosting institute or department at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities providing information about the candidate's qualifications and an outline of the aims and expected benefits of the guest stay.
- An activity and research plan for the intended guest stay.
- a letter of enrolment as a doctoral students at a foreign university
Submission of application documents by June 23, 2017. Please send your complete application to:
Universität zu Köln
a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School for the Humanities Cologne
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.