- At the time of application submission, the candidate must be under 65-years-old, hold a Ph.D. degree and be a teacher at the University level or a researcher at a foreign research organization.
- The IHEAL encourages candidates to apply for semester-long stays (4 months from September to December or from January to May). This is to allow the invited scholar to immerse him or herself into the academic life of the University.
- Invited scholars are asked to teach two classes per semester, each one consisting of 24 to 26 hours each depending on the semester. The course’s subject must be in line with the field of expertise of the invited scholar. The proposed courses might be modified according to the needs of IHEAL.
- The IHEAL receives applications in all fields of Social Science. For the academic year 2017-2018, classes in Geography, Economy and Anthropology are highly preferred, as well as candidates working on Central America, the Caribbean and the Andean countries.
Invited scholars can perform scientific and academic activities in the others Departments of the Sorbonne Nouvelle-Paris 3 University, or any of the French and European Institutions with which the IHEAL collaborates upon requests.
Classes can be taught in French, Spanish, English or Portuguese.
The application process is online exclusively.
- Send digital copies of the following documents by email to email@example.com
- A cover letter.
- An official letter of affiliation from the candidate’s current university.
- A brief résumé (6 pages max) including the following information: the candidate’s university credentials (excluding seminars and programs that were less than a year long); Professional experience; Research and experience as a Professor; Experience in administrative activities and/or participation in research initiatives; Contribution to national or international colloquies. Finally, the résumé must include a list of the candidate’s published works (classified first by books, then articles in national and international reviews, research reports, symposium summaries and critical review of books published in peer-reviewed journals). All information must be chronologically ordered with the most recent positions and activities listed first.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A copy of the candidate’s PhD degree.
- Three possible course descriptions with suggested syllabus (1 page) for one semester. Please mention the language in which each class will be taught.
- A copy of your valid passport.
The application (online form + email with attached documents) must be sent before January 6th, 2017. A confirmation email will be sent the days following the reception of the application.
Applications can be written either in French, Spanish, Portuguese or English.
Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline will not be considered by the admission office. Only digital copies of the documents will be accepted.
Each application will be evaluated by one of the IHEAL member and one non-IHEAL researcher or professor.
Fore more information click "further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: