The Samuel H. Kress Foundation and AAMC Foundation Affiliated Fellowship at the American Academy in Rome
The purpose of The Samuel H. Kress Foundation and AAMC Foundation Affiliated Fellowship at the American Academy in Rome is to provide essential funding for curators to develop projects that require research in Italy. Awarded projects need not be Rome specific. The program, launched in 2014, is intended to honor exceptional curatorial vision and help curators advance deserving projects.
"Establishing this Fellowship offers curators the ability to explore further important scholarly research by gaining access to sites and material within Rome.” said Max Marmor, President, of the Samuel H. Kress Foundation. "Support for travel research is more and more a rare opportunity for many curators, and we are honored to offer this opportunity, which supports our mission to promote the professional work of curators.
"The AAMC Foundation is truly grateful to have partners, such as the Samuel H. Kress Foundation and American Academy in Rome, that share our organization’s mission, which includes a dedication to the curatorial field,” added former AAMC President (2013 - 2015) Emily Ballew Neff. "We are thrilled to present to our members, through the generous support of the Kress Foundation, such an outstanding and rewarding opportunity to advance their research.”
- Open to AAMC members in good standing.
- Research can be exhibition related or for written scholarly work, but should not be in conjunction with completing a dissertation.
- Applicant is required to list preferred period of residency, indicating a first and
- A letter of support from institution director, project director and/or host of project.
- Priority will be given to those without funds to support research travel.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: