About the Rory Peck Awards
The Rory Peck Awards, sponsored by Sony Professional, are uniquely dedicated to the work of freelance cameramen and camerawomen in news and current affairs around the world, celebrating their creative, technical and journalistic skills and highlighting the important contribution that freelancers make to the newsgathering industry.
The only awards dedicated to the work of freelance cameramen and camerawomen in news and current affairs are now open for entries!
The Rory Peck Awards, sponsored by Sony Professional, celebrate creative, technical and journalism skills, and highlight the important contribution that freelancers make to the newsgathering industry.
Entries are invited in the following three categories:
Rory Peck Award for News (Maximum duration: 10 minutes)
Rory Peck Award for News Features (Maximum duration: 30 minutes)
Sony Impact Award for Current Affairs (Maximum duration: 60 minutes)
The annual Rory Peck Awards ceremony is the main fundraiser for the Rory Peck Trust.
This year's event takes place on Wednesday 7 December at London's BFI.
Tickets and further information will be released in September.
We welcome self-funded work and entries from freelancers living and working in regions where it is difficult to operate.
All entries must have had their first broadcast (television, agency feed, recognised online news publisher) between 1 JUNE 2015 and 30 JUNE 2016.
Entry forms are also available in Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish on request.
The Rory Peck Awards are free to enter.
1. Entry form - via online submission or email
You must complete and submit your entry form online (preferred) or you can download a Word version of the form from the Rory Peck Awards website and send it by email to email@example.com
. Entry forms are also available in Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish on request.
2. Entry master
Your entry master must be submitted and titled as broadcast and supplied to us as a digital file in one of the following formats:
ProRes 422 video in .MOV container; or
Edit native codec in .MOV container; or
H.264 in .MP4 container with minimum bit-rate of 6mbps
All entries must be 16:9 file format without timecode and clearly labelled with the name of the entrant and title of entry.
Please note, the master material will be used for awards ceremony clips (cinema screen), website, and where applicable, broadcast, so it needs to be of high quality.
3. Other materials
Entries not in English must be accompanied by a detailed and accurate storyline and translation, either uploaded with the online entry form or emailed with your entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where possible, please include high quality production stills from your entry.
Conditions of Entry
- An entry will be declined if it is incomplete or does not meet the awards criteria.
- The Rory Peck Awards will not cover the cost of entry postage.
- The Rory Peck Awards reserve the right to change the category of an entry.
- The Rory Peck Trust, along with Awards sponsor Sony Professional, have the right to use entry material solely to promote the Rory Peck Awards, the Rory Peck Trust, and the Trust’s association with Sony Professional during the period of Sony Professional's sponsorship. The Trust and Sony Professional may include and authorise the use of entry materials in all communications and production activity - including broadcast, digital and online sites – associated with the Rory Peck Awards and the Rory Peck Trust. For the avoidance of doubt, no payment is made for this use. No commercial rights are granted to the Trust or to Sony Professional.
- The judges’ decision is final.
For further information, please contact Kate Garner on +44 (0) 20 3219 7860 or email@example.com
How to Apply?
You can apply by using our online form.
Here you can find the application forms.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: