Robert Gordon University Architecture, Construction & Surveying Merit Scholarships
Please read through the following information carefully.
- Number of awards for students starting in September 2016: 29
- 14 awards can be applied for by students in receipt of an offer for MSc Commercial Practice for the Energy Sectors. These awards are for £4,000, £2,000 or £1,000 each.
- 15 awards can be applied for by students in receipt of an offer for MSc Construction Project Management. These awards are for one full scholarship, £4,000, £2,000 or £1,000 each.
- Who can apply: You may be an international student or you may be a UK / EU student wishing to study on these full-cost courses.
- You need to complete an application form and return it to the School. Please see below for further details.
How to Apply
- We must receive your completed application no later than 15 July 2016.
- Please note that in order to be considered for a scholarship, you must already hold an offer of a place to study on an eligible course at the School commencing September 2016.
- As part of the application process you are required to write a short statement in support of your application, which should address the following points:
- Why you are applying for the scholarship
- How you will benefit from the opportunities that being given the award will provide
- How you would contribute to the University community during your studies here
- You may refer to activities, achievements and personal qualities which are particularly relevant to your application.
- You should also include:
- A scanned transcript of your highest academic qualification
- A scanned copy of your IELTS/TOEFL certificate or other English language qualification
- A scanned copy of your University offer letter (or email if you have not received your letter)
- A portfolio of relevant work if applying for PgDip / MSc Architectural Studies
- Applications must be complete. Applications which are incomplete, missing required data or are illegible will be considered invalid. You may only apply for an award once. Multiple applications will not be considered.
The School's award panel will meet week commencing 18 July 2016 to consider all eligible scholarship applications received by the due date.
The School will assess all applications against the following criteria:
- Previous academic record and your suitability for postgraduate study in School, ie:
- Class of degree / CGPA / final score of first degree
- Relevance of your first degree to the course you are applying for
- The standing of the previous academic institution attended
- Any prizes or awards given to you in your first degree
- Portfolio (PgDip / MSc Architectural Studies only)
- Relevant industrial or professional experience
- Evidence of workplace experience that is relevant to the course you are applying for
- Personal achievements - evidence of personal achievements in your life to date which indicate your ability to contribute to the wider life of the University community during your studies and the professional community that you will be joining on graduation.
- In the event that 2 applications are scored identically and only one award is available, the panel will award the scholarship to the first application received, using the date of receipt in the University as the relevant date.
Terms and Conditions
All scholarships are awarded in the form of a discount on fees paid.
A scholarship will be withdrawn if:
- You fail to accept the offer within the time permitted.
- Your scholarship or University application is found to contain incomplete or inaccurate information.
- You are found to have committed academic misconduct once enrolled at the University.
- You are found to have committed non-academic misconduct once enrolled at the University.
- You fail to pass module assignments or end of module exams at the first attempt once enrolled on your course.
- You defer your offer of a place, suspend your studies, withdraw from the University or are suspended or withdrawn from the University.
- You fail to make payment for fees due to the University within 23 days of the due date.
- In the event that a scholarship is withdrawn, you will need to pay the full fees due for your course.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: