RIS-EXIM Bank Summer School International Trade Theory and Practices (19-24 June 2017)
In order to contribute towards capacity building of scholars working in international trade, RIS, in association with the Exim Bank of India, proposes to launch a Summer School programme open to M.Phil and Ph.D. students specialising in international trade. RIS is a premier policy research organisation working on international economic issues. Over the years RIS has gained prominence for its contribution to research and policy in areas like multilateral trading system, regional trading arrangements, comprehensive economic cooperation architecture, and South-South Cooperation. Trade, Technology and Investment issues define the core expertise of the institution leading to several research studies and deliberations. Exim Bank has been entrusted with the task of promoting India’s international trade. Besides promoting, facilitating and financing India’s international trade, Exim Bank of India has also taken several initiatives to encourage scholars to undertake focussed economic research studies.
The following modules would be covered during the course by experts:
- Module 1 : Recent Developments in Trade Theory
- Module 2 : Databases and Information on International Trade
- Module 3 : Tools and Techniques in Trade Analysis
- Module 4 : Understanding FTAs and Regional Trading Blocs
- Module 5 : Issues of Trade in Technology and Classification Issues
- Module 6 : Trade and Development: IPRs and New Issues
- Module 7 : Group Presentations
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.