Faculty of Arts Cross Disciplinary Research Scholarships (CDRS)
Two Faculty of Arts Cross Disciplinary Research Scholarships will be available for UK/EU/International students for doctoral study commencing in October 2017.
These scholarships have been created to meet a need for studentships for postgraduate research proposals that clearly cross two Schools within the Faculty of Arts.
Application Closing Date: 17:00 (UK time) 10th March 2017
The award will cover fees at the University of Leeds standard UK rate; pro-rata if part-time. Fees for 2017/18 will be £4,250.
(Fees may rise during the course of your candidature: this will be by no more than the rate of inflation, calculated according to the Retail Price Index).
£14,296 in Session 2016/17+ for full-time study, part-time will be pro-rata.
There are no additional allowances for travel or research costs.
Duration of Scholarship
Full-time or part-time - 3* years in total for full-time; part-time 5** years in total.
*The award will be made for one year in the first instance and renewable for a further period of up to two years, subject to satisfactory academic progress;
** the award is tenable for 24 months (two calendar years) in the first instance and is renewable annually for a maximum period of five years subject to satisfactory academic progress.
The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures (English, History, LCS, PRHS) Graduate School is seeking applicants that fulfil the following criteria:
- Applicants MUST have submitted a research degree study application form and be in receipt of a Student ID Number.
- Applicants MUST have submitted an application for a Faculty of Arts Cross Disciplinary Research Scholarship to their Lead School.
- Applicants MUST have a named Supervisor in both their Lead and Partner Schools.
- Applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the School’s English Language requirements (prior to or at registration).
- These awards are not open to individuals who have already been awarded or are currently studying for a Doctoral degree.
These include the following (full information on the regulations will be sent to all successful applicants):
- Awards must be taken up by 1 October 2017;
- The awards are available for new Postgraduate Researchers undertaking full-time or part-time research study leading to the degree of PhD. Students who are already registered for PhD research study are excluded from applying;
- Applicants must live within a reasonable distance of the University of Leeds whilst in receipt of this Scholarship.
Selection of Award Holders
After a School selection process, recommendations for award are then made at Faculty level. Selection is by academic merit and no other factors such as financial hardship are taken into account.
How to Apply
Once you are in receipt of your student ID Number please download an application form - Download
We welcome scholarship applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, but UK black and minority ethnic (BME) researchers are currently under-represented in our Postgraduate Research community, and we would therefore particularly encourage applications from UK BME candidates. All scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: