- The Center for Chinese Studies (CCS) has the following provisions for its research grant program.
- This program is aimed at foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors (including post-doctoral researchers) and doctoral candidates in Chinese studies-related departments at foreign universities, as well as researchers at related foreign academic institutes.
The research should be undertaken in Taiwan, and be focused mainly on Taiwan or Chinese studies.
- CCS provides assistance with research expenses, research materials, liaison with universities and research institutions, and use of CCS facilities, etc.
- Research tenure is three months to one year.
- Applications should be submitted to CCS by May 31 of each year before the year in which grants are intended to be used; notification of CCS’s decision will be given by the end of August of the same year after a careful review.
Applications should include the following documents:
1) Application form
2) Curriculum Vitae (including a list of publications)
3) Research plan
4) Letter(s) of recommendation
- Grant recipients are entitled to travel and research subsidies.
Eligibility for travel subsidy is restricted to foreign scholars who currently reside abroad; we regret that scholars already in Taiwan are ineligible.
- Subsidies available under the Research Grant Program are as follows:
1) Travel subsidy: One direct round trip economy class air ticket from the domicile of the grant recipient to Taipei will be provided by CCS. Travel expenses will be reimbursed upon arrival in Taiwan on the basis of the ticket stub and receipt.
2) Research subsidy: Paid to grant recipients at the beginning of each month and divided into four levels: professor, associate professor, assistant professor (including post-doctoral researcher), and doctoral candidate.
Researchers at academic/research institutes will also receive research subsidies according to the above scale. The actual amounts of research subsidies are determined by CCS and any adjustments to those amounts will be decided upon by the CCS Advisory Committee.
- Grant recipients must sign a contract with CCS and observe the following regulations:
1) No outside employment is allowed without the prior approval of CCS. Concurrent acceptance of a grant from any other organization in the R.O.C. is not permitted.
2) Participation in all scholarly research activities arranged by CCS is required.
3) All regulations must be observed when using CCS and National Central Library facilities.
4) A research report or paper must be submitted to CCS by the end of the grant recipient’s research tenure.
- Grant recipients who fail to observe Article 8 will have their research subsidies terminated by CCS.
- Scholars who have previously received a grant may apply for another grant three years after completion of their research projects.
- Any additions to the above provisions will be handled by CCS as authorized by the CCS Advisory Committee.
- These provisions have been approved by the Ministry of Education. Any revisions hereto must be approved by the CCS Advisory Committee and reported to the Ministry before going into effect.
|Research Grant Program to Assist Foreign Scholars in Chinese Studies Application Information|
|● A direct round-trip ticket between the domicile of grant recipients and Taipei is available; monthly grants are awarded according to the following scale:|
|● Accidental death and disability insurance of NT$1 million and medical treatment for each accident of NT$50,000 will be provided for the tenure of the grant.|
|● The duration of the grants may be between three months and one year.|
|● Applicants should send the following materials:|
|● Deadline for applications is May 31 of each year.|
|● For more details please contact the Center for Chinese Studies at the address below: Liaison Division, Center for Chinese Studies, 20 Chungshan South Road, Taipei, Taiwan 10001, R.O.C.|
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: