- The Center for Chinese Studies (CCS) has the following provisions for its research grant program.
- This program is aimed at foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors (including post-doctoral researchers) and doctoral candidates in Chinese studies-related departments at foreign universities, as well as researchers at related foreign academic institutes.
The research should be undertaken in Taiwan, and be focused mainly on Taiwan or Chinese studies.
- CCS provides assistance with research expenses, research materials, liaison with universities and research institutions, and use of CCS facilities, etc.
- Research tenure is three months to one year.
- Applications should be submitted to CCS by May 31 of each year before the year in which grants are intended to be used; notification of CCS’s decision will be given by the end of August of the same year after a careful review.
Applications should include the following documents:
1) Application form
2) Curriculum Vitae (including a list of publications)
3) Research plan
4) Letter(s) of recommendation
- Grant recipients are entitled to travel and research subsidies.
Eligibility for travel subsidy is restricted to foreign scholars who currently reside abroad; we regret that scholars already in Taiwan are ineligible.
|Research Grant Program to Assist Foreign Scholars in Chinese Studies Application Information|
|● A direct round-trip ticket between the domicile of grant recipients and Taipei is available; monthly grants are awarded according to the following scale:|
|● Accidental death and disability insurance of NT$1 million and medical treatment for each accident of NT$50,000 will be provided for the tenure of the grant.|
|● The duration of the grants may be between three months and one year.|
|● Applicants should send the following materials:|
|● Deadline for applications is May 31 of each year.|
|● For more details please contact the Center for Chinese Studies at the address below: Liaison Division, Center for Chinese Studies, 20 Chungshan South Road, Taipei, Taiwan 10001, R.O.C.|