Reach Cambridge Scholarship Essay Competition
The Reach Cambridge scholarship essay competition is designed for academically excellent high school students aged between 14 and 18 who would otherwise not be able to attend our summer programs.
What are the prizes?
3 week scholarship prize (awarded to a maximum of 2 students): 100% of the program fee for either our 3 week July or our 3 week August course in 2016.
1 week scholarship prize (awarded to a maximum of 3 students): 100% of the program fee for our 1 week Global Leaders course in 2016.
Please note that both prizes include all those items ordinarily covered by the program fee. They do not include the cost of flights, or other items which are not ordinarily covered by the program fee. See terms & conditions for further details.
What is the essay question and what else will be taken into consideration?
The essay question for this year’s scholarship competition is:
“What are the most important skills and attributes needed to tackle the global issues of the 21st Century, and how can young people acquire them?”
To craft a good essay requires careful argumentation, clear structure and personality. It is these characteristics that we will look for in judging applicants’ essays. We will also take into account the letter of recommendation supplied by your school.
How do I enter?
In order to enter the competition, follow these simple steps to complete a full application by the1st of December 2015:
- Follow the link below to set up a Reach Cambridge account
- From your main account page, select the “Scholarship” tab on the left
- Copy your essay into the box provided (it should be no longer than 1000 words). Answer all other questions on the page.
- A letter of recommendation from a member of staff at your school must be sent to email@example.com directly, using an official school email address. This should be written on headed paper, and should outline why you are a good candidate for the scholarship: it should tell us what makes you academically excellent, and it should give us some indication of your financial circumstances. For example, if you attend a fee-paying school, the letter must specify whether you attend the school on a scholarship, or whether you are full or part fee-paying. It must include contact details for the member of staff so that we can contact them for further information if necessary.
- You must also complete the School Transcript, Signature, Parent Info, and School Info sections of your account.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 31st December 2015, and will be invited for an online interview.
Please ensure you read the scholarship essay competition terms and conditions before applying. By submitting an application you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: